18

The air was tense.

The last round was on.

You were given one more card to maybe make your hand a little better. Although it only made yours somewhat better. It was a jack not much to do with.

"Since no one folded." Niki said. "Show your cards."

You took a deep breath, moment of truth. He can't win. He just doesn't have the cards to do that does he. Unless he got awesome, amazing cards that could put yours in the trash basically.

You looked over your hand taking a look at your cards again. Why did you have to agree to this.

Well guess there's no turning back now.

You put your cards face up on the table at the same time with Quackity. You couldn't quite see his from here but you saw a queen, 2 ace's and a king that's all you saw.

You had a joker, an ace, two kings and two jacks. You had no idea if his deck was better or not you couldn't damn see.

You looked at Yelena. She was focusing on Alex's cards. She walked over to look at his hand. As soon as she saw it she looked at you shocked, shook her head and walked back to you.

"He has 3 kings, a queen 2 ace's and a ten. Y/N he has a better deck." She said whispering.

"That doesn't beat a joker does it?" You asked also whispering. Yelena shook her head.
"It could." She said.

Fuck. Niki looked over both of your decks and looked up clearing her throat.

Yelena handed you a potion of healing. You'd need it for the missing leg you'll have in about 5 minutes.

"Quackity wins." She said and collected the tokens and the cards. Everyone in the casino cheered for Quackity. They weren't losing their leader but you were losing a while ass leg.

Well, fun times. Quackity grabbed his gold sword and walked over to you.

"Fair play." He said and shook your hand. "But a deal is a deal." He said.

You knew you will have some pain, but the potion of healing will numb the pain.

You put your left leg on a chair. "A deal is a deal." You said. Quackity lifted his sword and with easy cut through your pants, skin, flesh and bones just above your knee.

You felt your leg unattach from your body and saw it fall on the ground. "Lovely." You said. You were bleeding so Yelena grabbed a bandage and tied it on your tigh to stop the bleeding.

You then got picked up by her and she took you out of the casino.

"You're dumb." She said.
"Why are you carrying me?"
"You have no leg for fucks sake." She said and walked out with you in her hands to where you were settled down, your team following behind you.

Walked into the main tent and put you down on one the chairs. At that point everyone was flooding into one singular tent, asking if you won or he won or you killed him or you didn't.

"I lost. And it isn't a big deal. We'll just take the bail and kill someone else who looks like Quackity." You said. Everyone looked at you sad or concerned not really knowing what to say.

You knew why they were looking at you and you couldn't help to feel all the eyes burning holes into your body.

"But you will be able to fight right?" Lynne asked.
"Yes. If Silva can fight with a busted silver knee he made fifty years ago, I can fight without a leg. I know one of them is worse than the other but we don't have a choice." You said.

Yes maybe you shouldn't have agreed to this deal. But it does not mean you can simply just go into retirement because you don't have a leg.

There are many raiders you knew that also didn't have a leg. And they fought perfectly.

Fought is important here, since all of them are dead. Mostly.

No way you're going to give up like that.

That'd be stupid. Yelena sent everyone away from your tent.

She was wrapping your leg with a bandage.

She tied it and grabbed the prosthetic leg you prepared in case you'd lose and handed it to you.

She then picked you up and walked out if the tent. Your team was gathered outside talking.

You weren't proud of yourself obviously but this is how you decided to do it.

She walked you to your tent and out you down on your bed. "I'll get you some more healing potions. It should heal until tomorrow. Since tomorrow is the celebration." She said. You felt like she was mad.

Not like she didn't have all the right to be mad.

"Yelena are you angry at me?" You asked. She sighed.
"Yes. A little. You know why? Because you always get into stupid deals and situations that later on you won't be able to solve that easy." She said.

You weren't sure what to say. "Not to mention that you, not only put yourself into these situations you also almost die in all of them." She added. "And sure I did stupid shit but please for the love of Life stop living like you want to die."

"I'm sorry Yelena."
"Don't be sorry. I know what you wanted to do was something good but we're Pillagers. We should act like them, and not try to spare people. I'm not as angry as you think. I'm just worried about you." She said.

"Why are you so worried about what I do? If I were to die the only person I'd even let rule this group would be you. If I die you will have my team."

"I don't care about the team Y/N. I care about you for fucks sake. I love you. If I lose my best friend who will I have? Not to mention you can't just die." She said. "Wait here. Don't go anywhere." She added.

She was right. You do stupid shit all the time. And this was sure one of those things.

You layed back on your bed and looked at the ceiling.

You just hope all will go right from now.