20

"And I believe you. But it sure sounds like something I made up when I was ten." You said taking the last drag from your cigarette and put it out on the railing.

"It's believable. Right?" Wilbur asked.
"Yeah." The elevator made the little bell sound.
"Sounds like you'll have company I'll drop out now." He said and jumped over the railing. He meant dropping out quite literally.

You looked over the railing. He was completely gone. Maybe his parents are the Goddess and the angel of death.

You looked back to see who came up. It was Charlie. "Hey there." You said turning to him acting like a dude didn't just jump off a 100 foot building.

"Hello Y/N from Oakstone! Quackity said to tell you that the God of Life celebration is starting." He said. "Do you need help getting into the elevator?" He asked holding his hand out.

"Yeah, thanks friend." You said and grabbed him. He was squishy but not as much as you thought he would be. He slowly walked you to the elevator and pressed the button for you.
"We're friends?" He asked.

"No. It's just what people say sometimes." You said.
"But why?"
"Look mate, your friend Alex cut my leg off. Therefore I am not friends with you." You said.
"But I want to be friends with you." He said. You looked at him. He looks like he can't even hurt a fly.

"Fine. We're friends." You said. Charlie squealed like a little kid and smiled.

He seems to not know what friends really mean. But you didn't mind, he seemed way to innocent to even try to hurt you.

The elevator got to the ground floor. The elevator door opened and you were met by a crowd, walking to the casino. You and Charlie hurried over to the front line. Yelena and the others were there already, ready for the ceremony.

Quackity was standing on the top of the stairs looking over the crowd.

A man in a purple suit, and a The God of Totem of Undyings was standing next to him. Charlie let go of you and quickly jogged up next to the purple man.

You didn't like how he looked at Charlie. Not that you cared, but there was something off about him.

He spotted you in the crowd and waved at you creepishly. You grabbed your axe, you need to keep it at hand if that creep starts to do some unholy shit.

Quackity cleared his throat. Everyone in the crowd shut up and it was dead silent.

"Welcome everyone to the God of Life celebration!" He said. Everyone cheered. "Today is the special anniversary day of The God of Life creating this very land. If everyone prepared their offerings for our God, may you take inside the casino." He said and pointed behind him.

"There's the altar prepared just like every year." He added. "The festival is starting, everyone can sell what they want and I wish you a happy God of Life day!" He said. Everyone clapped, screamed and cheered.

Quackity waved and walked away opening the doors of the casino. Many people flood in taking their offerings with them. You didn't have anything to offer but Yelena got some stuff she collected so you were left alone while everyone was praising the God of Life.

You stood there looking around as everyone disappeared.

The shops were already set up so you turned around and got a pack of emeralds out of your pocket. You didn't plan on getting big things. Mostly some little Knick-knacks that the people sell.

Like small statues or food. Food would come in handy.

You walked down the street of shops looking at the food section. You saw a couple appetizing things but they were quite expensive and you were quite on a budget.

One shop caught your eye. It was a mini Inn build on the end of the food section. The lady who was the dealer in the poker was the storekeeper, talking to some red haired man. You sat down on one of the chairs and looked around.

"Hello!" She said. "What may I get you?"
"One meal of stew. And a beer." You said. Niki nodded and turned to get some stew.

"How have you been healing?" She asked pouring your beer.
"Good. I can actually walk now." You said. Niki handed you the beer and the stew.
"Why? What happened?" The red haired man asked joining into the conversation.

"Quackity cut their leg off, Fundy." Niki said.
"Oh! I wasn't there." He said. You didn't say anything and digged into your stew.

It tasted like heaven, you haven't eaten this good since you left your parents. You might've hated your mum but she made the best stew in town and everyone knew. She was a good cook, horrible person.

"This is amazing." You said and put another spoonful into your mouth.
"I'm glad." Niki said.
"How much do I owe you?" You asked between bites.
"It's on the house, because I like you." She said. You didn't really realize, you were more captured by the food, and how good that shit tasted.

You soon finished both your beer and stew. "Thank you." You said.
"No worries!" Niki said. You said goodbye to her and walked back to the casino. At this point everyone was out of the bank and minding their own business, buying in shops and selling stuff.

You had a couple emeralds since you didn't have to pay, so you decided to give it as an offering. It's the God of Life day after all.

You walked up the stairs and into the side room where the arrows with signs pointed.

The room was just as pretty as the others you've been in. This one was painted white, white details and statues. Everything was white.

The altar was on the end of the room. You saw Quackity feasting on a fruit bowl in the corner that was clear he took from the offerings.