41

When you got to town centre you were met by a huge crowd, The Empress' and her guards surrounding her. You jogged up to her and looked at what the crowd was eyeing.

Two Hell horses approaching camp in quite a fast pace. Two figures were in the horses, one larger and one smaller. "Empress? What's going on?" You asked walking up to the Empress who was up on the stage, the builder built for the execution.

"Lord Technoblade and Lord Rhesus are arriving right as we speak." Mother said, her eyes locked on the two approaching figures. You thought they'd arrive tomorrow.. Knowing Technoblade's nature, you took your axe, you needed protection in hand. There was a reason for the guards, he could attack any minute. Or won't. You can never be too careful.

The hell horses stopped in front of the crowd, cutting through it as they walked up to the stage. Hell horses were bigger than you thought. Obviously, you saw them before, but only from far away. The stage was about two metres tall, and the horses towered over it like a small table. They were night black, red mane and tail.

They were amusing to look at. But the two figures on top were rather more interesting. Technoblade, with his iconic hog skull on his face. He had grown a beard over time, and his hair was longer than you remembered.

Lord Rhesus was intimidating as always. He shows his face, unlike his son. Rather big fangs, face scars for life and all the rage in his eyes anyone can have. He might've looked like a grumpy old man, but he was a sweetheart.

But he didn't fail to intimidate you every time you got to meet him. Knowing their power, and what they're capable of, you were scared. Especially from Techno. Quackity has mentioned the scar that took his eye, Technoblade is capable of something like that, makes you want to jump off a really high roof.

You didn't look for conflict, but if you had to you would fight him. Maybe would die an unlucky death, but trying was never bad.

"Empress of Power, such pleasure to see you." Lord Rhesus said in that deep raspy voice he had. "And you as well Y/N from Oakstone." He added. It was strange he remembered you. Pillagers go in and out of the Nether all the time, maybe you were some sort of special person he just somehow remembered.

"My pleasure." You said.
"Yes it is truly amazing to see you here Rhesus. And your son too." The Empress said.

"I've been waiting for one of these events to happen in quite the time, Empress. I am truly grateful for your kindness Drista, for letting us watch such a festival happen after forty-four years." Technoblade said.

He slowly glanced at you as his father was talking. He shot a look at your axe, that was in your hand, then at your shirt, with the clear embroidery of Quackity's initials on it.

He looked back at your face and slowly looked away, engaging in the conversation his father and The Empress was having.

You slowly turned around to walk away from the stage but The Empress gave you  an angry look, so you were scared to actually sneak away.

"Y/N here is the leader of the tribe whom has been betrayed." The Empress said looking at you. Rhesus and Techno both looked at you with their red piercing eyes.

"I'm sorry for what has happened to your tribe. I have heard of the massacre." Technoblade said in a monotone voice. It sounded like he didn't actually mean it, although you knew Technoblade just a little bit, maybe there was some kindness left in him.

"As I am preparing on looking at the layout of the festival for tomorrow, Y/N, could you lead these two gentlemen to my quarters? Vivienne will take over when you get there." Mother asked.

"But Empress-" She smiled at you indicating that this isn't the time to complain. "Yeah... That would be my pleasure." You said jumping off the stage landing in front of the two horses. Technoblade and Rhesus got off their horses and Lord Rhesus gave you the gesture to lead the way.

You started walking away from the stage, with a strong grip on your axe. You were terrified of looking into their eyes for even a second. Techno was heads taller than you, Rhesus... Well Rhesus was an absolute giant compared to you.

And not to mention you weren't that small. In your team you were there with the tallish ones. You could feel Techno burning holes into the back of your head, watching your every step.

"That shirt..." He started.

Shit.

"I know those initials." He said. You looked back at him, with only a side glance.

"I... Uh- Got it from- I mean I stole it from someone." You said, your tongue tripping over every word from your nervousness.

"Was that someone named Alex Quackity?" He asked. Well now things are getting a little more risky. If you wanted to protect Alex, which you kinda did, you make something up.

"Probably." You said trying to keep yourself to come out as shaky and scared.

"Your axe has great engravings on it. Did you do them?" Techno asked. At least he wasn't asking about Alex anymore.

"Yeah, I did them as a tribal thing. All the people in my tribe has the same engraving." You said, quite calm this time.

He stayed silent for a second before you felt those eyes pacing up and down on you. "You have a prosthetic?"

"Yes. I lost my leg." You said.

"And can you fight properly?" Techno asked.

"I can actually fight pretty well." This question made you feel threatened again.  What did he even want from you.

"By what did you lose your leg from?" He asked. Back on the wrong track. If you fuck it up you'll give away Quackity. Wouldn't want that to happen.

"I lost a pretty big bet." You said not knowing what else to add and in the hopes he wouldn't ask any more questions.

Luckily you got to the quarters fast, you didn't have to engage with them anymore today. Techno walked into the building but Rhesus stayed behind as the Stableman took his and Technoblade's horse. "I saw the faint worry in your eyes, Y/N." He said.

"What? Me? No, I'm not worried... Not at all." You said trying to defend yourself.

"Now now, It is acceptable to be Intimidated by my son. But he's a changed man. He has no foul intentions. And for plus, I am here to keep him in order." He said. "And I know you just want to protect your boyfriend-"

"I'm sorry, boyfriend?" You asked cutting him off. You never even thought of Quackity as a boyfriend, not to mention a partner of some sort.

"Alex Quackity. Isn't he your partner? That doesn't matter. Pay no mind to Technoblade. He is unstable at times, but don't be scared of him." Rhesus added. Sometimes you forget how much of a sweetheart he actually was.

But as soon as he entered the building a whole boulder fell from your heart and suddenly everything in your head was back in order.