24

"Hello?" It was echoey. "Is anyone there?" You asked looking around the dark room. "What the hell is this place." You asked yourself trying to find a way out of this weird room.

"Hi." You heard a familiar voice say.
"Where are you?"
"Behind you." You turned around to see Quackity with his golden wings fully ready to fly. "You're dead." Quackity said. He didn't really look like Quackity anymore. His face started melting and his head turning.

"What the fuck." You said breathing heavily. The room suddenly changed. Alex was gone and you were in a plain grass field with nothing but a singular blue flower. "Where am I?"

You started to hear low whispering from the inside of your head talking to you like you were in a crowd. The whispering got louder and louder by the second some saying it was over and some that you've gotten insane.

Then all the voices stopped. In silence.
"You're insane." You heard a voice loud and clear say it from the inside of your head.

The room changed again. It was white now. Everything you heard before was gone. You looked to the corner to see a shadowy figure slowly step out of the dark. Dark wings spread wide and the Goddess of Death appeared in front of you. "What the fuck is this place?" You asked looking around trying not really to look at the shadow figure who was standing over you.

"Your limbo, Y/N." She said.
"My limbo?" You asked.
"Yes. You're dead."
"I'm aware."
"But it isn't your time yet darling." The woman said.
"What?"
"You remember that totem you found in the dust and put in your bag?"

You catched a big breath feeling your body again. It felt like you were sawn back together, small pieces of your body being glued back like nothing happened.

You still had a spear in you but this time you were strong enough. You pulled out the spear from your chest not feeling anything. There were green particles around you setting the room in colour. You dropped the spear on the floor to look around at the bloody scene the king's men caused. You looked down at yourself, the hole in your chest was growing back together. Only the chothes having a hole in them.

You looked around trying to find your own weapon on the floor. It was there the iron axe with diamond details on the floor in the head of the rotting corpse of one of the king's man. The scene looked older that it was when you supposedly died. It still didn't register in you what just happened and how long it was later. It felt like years in there in only the matter of seconds. Why would the king leave such a scene here while this is the main throne room?

You didn't bother too much with the question you put up to yourself.

You spotted Jac's dead body close to the window. He was laying lifeless sword wound through his stomach.

You kneeled down and took the hat off his head. "I'm so sorry old man." You said.

You dusted his hat off and put it on your head. It wasn't bloody luckily.

You looked for a close exit being the windows you knew that on the other side of that door there'll be a bunch of guards who would kill you again.

You didn't want that to happen at all.

You jumped out of the widow landing on your right knee.

You were close to the guards horse stock, you just walked over to the paddocks and spotted a great white Shire, with the saddle and reins still on it.

You jumped over the railing of the paddock, got the horse and walked it out.

You had no idea where your team could've gone. You were quite literally alone.

One place you can go, Oakstone

At this point there was no other places you really belonged and was close enough so you could stick around before you get back on your feet again.

It felt wrong to go back after a decade but there wasn't much to do anymore.

And at this point you did not care about what your parents did, you just wanted to see if you could get a clue where your sister is.

You nudged the horse and walked out of the farm area.

The place was dead. Literally no people outside.

It was like a massacre happened. As you approached the door you saw the Phantom-Arcane tribe's marking on the wall with blood.

Surprisingly it wasn't fresh. But it felt like you died just a day ago at least. But a day wouldn't make sense, since it felt like years. Maybe half a decade the least.

You had no idea how long it was.

How is it possible that you were dead for this long. Although it seemed like ages. Like years passed in there.

Or maybe it was years? But how, the bodies in the castle were at least a month old.

The change of scenery in your limbo indicated different times? Or maybe even every time you changed scenery a day passed.

But this looks like it was about 6 months ago.
"What the fuck is happening.." You asked yourself walking out of Mellowstone.

There was no proof of how long you were in your limbo. But it sure seemed like a long time.

You never have to use the totem of undying. But you were sure it had to kick in the second you died.

This was strange all together. But you just didn't have the time to figure it out. Not right now.

You walked out of Mellowstone making your way to the path that leads to Oakstone. The weather was nice. The sun hanging high in the sky.

Although it looked more winter-start-like rather than autumn.

You died in autumn.

It doesn't matter, back on track. You didn't have to go for a long time. Oaksi was quite close, neighboring city.

You didn't know how your parents will react to you going back. They probably think you're dead or something. But that's a problem that you will have to solve when you get there.

Now you just want to enjoy the cool weather.