35

You woke up the next morning to the sound of moving around in your room.

You sat up to see the source of the noise. Alex was dressing, he took out a tank top and put his hair up in a bun. His back was scarred, one large one in the middle of it and 2 smaller, rounder ones that looked kinda like a mutilated something.

He never explained any of his scars to you before, not that you asked, but he had a bunch you'd like to know who he got so angry that they did that to him.

He put on the tank top and tucked it into his pants. He took out a white shirt too and put it on without buttoning it up.

He turned around and saw you awake. "Hi." He said.
"Morning." You said. "Will we just ignore what happened yesterday?" You asked.

"I mean if you want to ignore it." Alex said.

"No actually I kinda want to talk about it." You said. "You kissed me despite the fact that I want to kill you."

"You know how many people wanted to kill me before? I'm used to it by now." He said. 

"So you don't hate me?" You asked.

"No! Why would I? You're amazing." Alex said. You just looked at him. He is a strange man to think that you out of everyone is amazing. "I wanted to do this already before. I just didn't feel like you did." He added.

"I thought that was obvious, I mean I started to not hate you in the past two days." You said.

"You mean love me." Quackity said.

"Don't get too excited pretty boy. I still need a minute to think about this." You said getting out of bed and walking over to the dresser.

"What a coincidence, I also wanted to think." Quackity said walking behind you.

"No I want to think alone, in the light rain, while I remember all my life choices in the past ten years." You said taking out one of Quackity's shirts. You unfolded it and put it on slowly buttoning it up from the bottom.

"Right. When you're done with your thinking, you know where to find me." Alex said and started to walk out. When he opened the door though he turned back around. "There's letter for you on the table. One of the crows brought it in this morning." He said and with that left the room.

You sat down at the table and looked at the scroll. It was a letter from Mother. Her wax seal was something you recognized it anywhere. It was a colour mixture of blue and grey, with the logo of the Empress printed in it.

She usually dusts the seal with gold powder as well. She really gave a way to massaging her people.

You broke the seal and unrolled the scroll. It was written by the Empress herself, she doesn't like when people write her letters, since they can change what she's saying entirely and send a wrong massage.

'My dear Y/N.
It is only to Tina's advantage that you are late. Obviously I wouldn't have liked you to come in such rain anyways, it's too dangerous. Your tribe has not arrived yet either, the rain has held them up as well. If anything you'll arrive at the same time.
I'm hoping to see you after this necessary rain is over.
Yours faithfully
Empress of Power, Drista.'

You rolled back the letter and put the broken seal pieces in your hand. You stood up and walked over to the trash, throwing the broken wax shards in it.

It was obvious Mother wouldn't be mad that you were late, although it did feel wrong. But being fashionably late was your style anyways. It was a matter of time until the rain was over so you can leave.

You went over to the bed and started to puff back the pillows. If you leave, you at least had to fix the bed up. It isn't your room after all.

You fixed the pillows back into place and straightened the blanket. It was dead silent in the hallway even, but you could hear clear footsteps coming closer to your room. And this wasn't anyone you recognized.

You walked over to your axe and picked it up. If someone's going to attack you, it shouldn't catch you by suprise.

For a second you stood silent in the middle of the room, waiting for the knock.

The footsteps got closer and closer just for the knock to be a banging on the door.

Someone really likes Quackity.

You slowly walked over to the door and opened it, axe ready to cut through anyone. You hid it behind the door so that it wasn't so obvious that you wanted to kill anyone, but it was there in case of emergency.

There he was, Purpled. The same man you did not want to see today. "Oh, you're not Quackity." He said.

"Yeah I would've thought that was noticeably obvious." You said. "What do you want?" You asked.

"Oh boss ordered a scotch whisky. Thought I'd bring it." He said.

"Quackity doesn't have such poor taste in drinks. You'd know that, for starters I'm pretty sure you don't work for him anymore, and second, where is the bottle?"

"Uh.."

"That's what I thought, scotch my ass, get out of here pal." You said and closed the door. You didn't know what he wanted from Quackity but he's a poor excuse for a man that's for sure.

You walked back to the bed and dropped your axe on it. You grabbed your belt from the bedside table and put it on so you could carry your weapon around.

You fixed yourself up and clipped your axe on your belt. You walked over to the door and grabbed the key.

You didn't want anyone, by any chance break in, not today. You didn't have the mental capacity to deal with a robber. You hurried out the door and closed it behind you, slipping the key into the keyhole, turning it to a lock.

You took the key and put it in your left pocket. That shit won't go anywhere from there.

Finally, you can go and think in peace.