Daddy Loves Nika? Part 2

Beyonce's POV:

After pleasing my Baby for a few more minutes I knew we would have to clean up. I needed to get down to the flower shop and finish that order I got this morning. Helping her clean up and putting on a shirt and putting a pair of jeans on her I wasn't prepared for a meltdown over having to wear jeans but here we were. She had her arms crossed and pouting heavy that she had to get dressed at all. I called her buff and left the room to take a moment to cool off before going back in. I compromised that she could wear a tights and she agreed. Finally with her dressed and both our shoes on, we were able to leave the house.

Down at my shop, I unlocked and we went in and locked back up. I opened up Nika's area and put the TV on for her. She opted to stay with me and just kind of followed me around as I gathered what I needed to make boutonnieres and corsages for a Saturday morning pick up. Working quietly with some music on Nika just sat next to me sort of out of it. I asked her to cut the ribbon for me and it went well until she cut her finger and needed two Band-Aids so I resigned to letting her just watch. Finishing up an hour later, I was ready for lunch. I cleaned up and closed up the shop. In the truck, I decided to see Solange so I stopped over and saw that my Mom was over. Nika instantly went to my Mom and Jhene who were sitting at the table doing a massive puzzle and I went to see Solange in the kitchen. She was drinking some red wine and making a Caesar salad. I coveted Solange's glass and drank the half full glass enjoying the taste of it. We all supported Robyn's recovery journey but once in a while we would have glass at someone else's house when she wasn't around.

Solange and I talked and I helped her with the salad and cut up the chicken breast for her. She offered to let Nika spend the night with her and Jhene to put her in a good mood and I told her I'd ask.

We all sat for lunch with the exception of Mom and Nika who were sitting outside. Our lunch was finished when they came in and Solange went to help Jhene in the kitchen. Mom whispered something to Nika and she nodded and sat on the couch. Mom came over and spoke quietly.

"Nika wants to spend the night at my house tonight. She wants you and Robyn to talk about everything and doesn't want to be there if you start fighting."

"We won't start fighting. She can't run off every time things get rough Ma."

"She's not running off Beyonce, she just wants to give you and Robyn space."

"Robyn left that was the space!" I yell before instantly regretting it.

I heard sniffling behind me and saw Nika rubbing her eyes as she walked outside. My Mom karate chopped me in my neck and spoke.

"Get over yourself! She's still an adult and can spend time with other people if she wants. She wanted to give you some space and she wanted to spend time with me. Your wife likes me and I like her so duh, every so often we're going to spend the night or hang out together. Nicki used to spend like one night a week at my house before you came home from jail. She stopped because she wanted to bond with you and didn't want you to feel a way about it."

"Fine but why does she trust you so completely then answer me that? She'll tell you before she tells me things, she'll go to you before she goes to Robyn or me. I'm her girlfriend and 'Mommy' she should want to tell everything."

Solange walked over with Jhene went outside to be with Nika. Mom shook her head and spoke.

"I am Nika and 'Nae's safe space and I'm Nana. You forget you didn't tell me everything either, you always went to my Mom or your friends. She doesn't love you any less when she doesn't want you. Just like the bathroom thing, she felt so embarrassed and didn't want you to see her like that even if it didn't bother you. She wanted to have some sense of dignity its why she won't age regress to anything under 3 because she doesn't want have you see her or treat her like a baby."

"I understand Mom, I'm sorry for yelling." I reply feeling sad.

Mom left out to check on Nika and Solange sat and spoke.

"Beyonce, what do you want from your Little relationship?"

"I have everything I want. I like that she lets me take care of her, I love love love our nursing relationship and I just love having my quiet happy Baby."

"Okay, so that's probably not the issue but I'm concerned about something that you said. You called Nicki your 'girlfriend'."

"...I did?"

"Yes, do you do that often?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Okay...well just watch that then. Also cut her some slack, she's still adjusting to the medication and you guys just started new jobs so her routine will be different. Give her and yourself some grace."

"Thanks Solo, you always help me gain some perspective."

"I try, It'll be okay Bey. You're a good wife and a good Caregiver. You just have to remember when you're in Caregiver mode, to be more considerate of your Little's feelings. You wanted her to be Little more often and she's been doing that almost every day and she isn't used to that so she has to adjust. I know she likes it though because you two seem like you're having the best time when things are good. You're a good Mommy Bey, and she's a good Little. Cherish the relationship and nature it."

"You're right. Thank you Sis."

Solange and I hugged and I grabbed my stuff to go. I walked out and saw that Ma and Nika were gone and Jhene was watering her flower buds.

"Where's Ma and Nika?"

"Nicki got a call from Lauren about the wedding dress having an issue and she asked Ma to take her over."

"Aww...damn. I wanted to talk to her." I sulk.

"It's okay Bey, go home and regroup like she suggested with Robyn and be ready for when she comes home."

"Will do. See you guys later, Love you both."

Jhene and Solange hugged me and I left to go home. At home, I took a long bubble bath before doing the laundry the maid missed. I was brushing my hair when Robyn walked in with a giant pink wrapped box. She sat it down and we hugged and asked about Nika. After learning what happened today she felt bad but we talked more about it and pepped ourselves up to be better for when Nika came home.

But she didn't come home. I forgot it was the bachelorette night so she texted that she went straight to that and would see Robyn and I at the venue tomorrow. I was some what crushed that we wouldn't be fixing it tonight and Robyn was sad that we wouldn't get much Valentine's Day with her. After dinner we resigned her ourselves to cuddling with her pillow and going to bed.

--

excuse all errors!

thoughts/comments?

--