Meeting Mama Tina

Flashback Chptr: 

I stood on the steps next to Rob with the urge to run back to my condo. I was meeting Beyonce's family today. Her Mom finally heard about me and immediately called and set up a dinner for me to come around. My chest was rising and falling so fast I swear my breasts were hitting my chin. I kept it cute and dressed accordingly for meeting the family, nice white floral dress, cute heels, conservative hair and light makeup.

 I kept it cute and dressed accordingly for meeting the family, nice white floral dress, cute heels, conservative hair and light makeup

 My hands ached from gripping the white and pink roses I picked up from the florist on the way over. This was a big deal, Robyn and I have been hanging out for six months but only been together officially for about four months and she always had dinner at 'Mama Tina's' every Thursday night. I would always make her a side dish or dessert to take. Since I started a new shift at work doing nights, I haven't had the time to join her but this week, I was invited. I had to come, and I made sure to take off so I could make it. I took off the whole week since I wanted to have a few days to be 'Little' with Rob. Rob kissed my cheek and spoke quietly.

"It's going to be okay; she'll love you."

I nod. I bit my cheek as Rob's finger hit the doorbell before she put a red key in the door and opened it. The smell of turkey and stuffing hit my nose and I got hungry. Rob and I had Thanksgiving with my mom the other week and she didn't make turkey so I missed having it and didn't have the time to make us one to make up for it. Coming into the warm home I felt comfort. It was very comforting, and the house was lovely. Things perfectly in place pictures of Beyonce, Robyn, her sister and wife and family all over. I briefly met Solange a few weeks ago as she was coming over to borrow something from Rob and I was heading out the door for a hair appointment but she seemed really nice.

Turning to the dinning room, the table was set and Solange was sitting with her gorgeous wife. I did a little social media stalking and saw that Solange had been married to a lovely local singer and painter named Jhene. Together they sold their art and traveled the world and even had a house in Hawaii. I felt Rob put her hand on my back and keep it there as they came over.

"Hey, Solange and Jhene, this is Nicki. Nicki this is Bey's baby sister and her wife."

"Hello, it's nice to meet you." I reply feeling small.

We all shook hands except for Jhene who hugged me. It was needed and calmed me a little bit before our host came around the corner with a big smile on her face.

"Hello Nicki! I'm Mama Tina, it's so nice to meet you at last."

Mama Tina hugged me, and the warmth of the home radiated off of her. Instantly my nerves were eased, and I felt like I belonged. She had us sit and brought out dinner. Turkey, mac and cheese, baked beans, potato salad and homemade rolls. Looking at Rob I almost forgot we both were holding things, me the flowers and her the dessert I made. I made a cherry and peach pie from scratch this morning. Mama Tina graciously took them from us and came back with the flowers in a vase. She placed them in the foyer, and we prayed, and she served before sitting. The dinner conversation was great, and everyone was so nice. They wanted to get to know me more and Mama Tina literally pulled all my good stories out of me and laughed and joked with me. My dessert was a hit and we even had coffee and stayed talking until midnight. I was surprised when Mama Tina just told us to stay over and said that Rob and Beyonce had a room, and we could spend the night in there. Solange and Jhene gave us good night kisses before going to their room.