TX Reset 2

Beyonce's POV:

It was soon time for dinner and Nicki was still big and asked if we could have wine since Rob wasn't around. I nodded and said that as long as she didn't get black out drunk, she could have a glass or two. She changed into a gray cotton sundress, and we went down to the big side patio. Dad was on the grill drinking and flipping the steaks as the staff set the table and put out the sides. I was surprised when my Mom popped out with her famous pink lemonade in a pitcher filled with ice and sliced lemons. Nicki hugged my Mom the second she put the pitcher down and proceeded to talk and follow her around until dinner was served. Solange got a good bottle of sweet red wine from Dad's cellar and poured us a glass each. I quickly thought of Nicki's medication but after a quick discrete Google search realized that it wouldn't interact with it.

Dad went around the table talking to us and Nicki quietly ate her steak and sweet potato as Dad launched into one of his stories. Solange and I rolled our eyes at each other annoyed that we'd sit through a story we've heard fifty times by now. Nicki pushed her plate away after eating 3/4ths of her food. She sipped on her wine savoring it as my Dad finished up. Soon dinner was over and Jhene begged Solange to go to the field to watch the sun go down and see the stars. Solange agreed only if she could lit the firepit and Mom suggested we all have smores and girl talk. Dad yawned saying he'd give us our free time while he smoked a Cuban.

Nicki and I got the stuff for smores and we walked down field to the fire pit where the staff got it started and had blankets and outdoor chairs set up for us. We sat and took pictures before Solange, Jhene, and I started roasting our marshmallows. Nicki took the time and sat next to Mom to talk before they got up and walked away. I saw Nicki wiping her tears away and nodding as they talked in the distance. Jhene rubbed my arm and spoke.

            "It's okay Bey, Nana is Nicki's safe space, she still loves you and will come to you when she's ready. I go to Tina too sometimes when I can't talk to Solange about things."

            "I know, thank Jhene, I love that she can go to my Mom. I just get...jealous."

            "Don't be jealous Bey, her and Nicki's relationship is important. Mom loves her some Nicki/Nika and helps a lot when she's going though things. Didn't you say she doesn't tell Carol much?" Solange said making Jhene a smore.

            "Yes, she doesn't want Carol to worry she keeps it light." I say making my smore.

            "Beyonce...didn't you finish your psychology degree in jail and get your certifications? Couldn't you just be Nicki's therapist?" Jhene asked biting her smore.

            "I...could but that wouldn't be good for her. It would probably turn her off from me romantically and I don't want to blur the lines."

Solange and Jhene nodded and the sun finally went down and Nicki and my Mom came back to us. Nicki sat next to me I kissed her cheek and cuddled her as we sat out for an hour. Soon the bugs picked up so we put out the fire and went back inside. We said 'Good night' to each other and Nicki all but pulled me to our room. She was tired and I almost forgot our schedule. We took a shower together and got dressed for bed. Nicki was soon sleep suckling when Rob called me on Facetime. She was on a jet on the way to us. Luckily, the blow back from Jada wasn't as intense as I thought and Kehlani was in the wind again. We agreed that we would just keep our eyes open for her and not make it a big deal. I hung up from Rob and went to sleep.

--

The morning soon came with 'Little' Nika shaking me awake. She looked tearful and I shot straight up in bed.

            "Are you okay?"

            "Miss Daddy."

I cooed at her and picked her up and held her. I relaxed her and got her up to get us ready for the day. I got Nika dressed in a cute white t-shirt dress and pulled her hair up into two cute buns before getting dressed myself in a crop top and shorts.