Chapter 11: Family Heirlooms

San's POV

San always felt left out before, and he still feels left out now. At least before Wooyoung came along. The other four men were already paired off. Jongho was either working out or being bothered by Yeosang. Yeosang was usually reading or bothering Jongho. Yunho and Hongjoong were also almost always together. San had nobody. Then the son of Dionysus came along. He instantly jumped at the option to get someone to talk to. He showed the boy around, and at first Wooyoung didn't say anything. But he soon broke the boy out of his cage, and now they are inseparable. They spend every waking moment together, and if San is honest, and Wooyoung is feeling lonely. They spend the night together. Nothing nasty happened, Wooyoung opened up. He was shocked at the boy's story. When Wooyoung said his mother drank herself to death he wanted to cry.

San didn't have much trauma in his life, other than his internalized homophobia. Which he is working through. Wooyoung doesn't know that San is gay, and he thinks Wooyoung would hate him if he knew. Then Seonghwa came along. San thought he was cool and being able to control water sounds awesome. They were currently waiting for the last person, apparently he should be here shortly. San was currently in his room sitting on his bed, with Wooyoung sitting at his desk.

"Sannnieeee?" Wooyoung whines.

"Yes, Woo?" San responds.

"What do you think about the last guy we are picking up? This is the second time I've askedddd."

"Sorry Woo, I have been thinking about a lot. I'm not sure... Hongjoong said something about him being the son of Hades. Which is the God of the underworld... so like... maybe he can raise the dead to do our laundry."

"That would be cool... What's on your mind Sannie? You're clearly distracted." Wooyoung asks, a hint of concern behind his voice.

"It's nothing... Tell me more about your foster parents."

"Uh... okay... well I had two dads, Namjoon and Seokjin. Why are you asking?"

"Well... isn't that weird? Like that it's two men." San asks, trying to figure out Wooyoung's opinion on homosexuality.

"No San, it's not fucking weird! I'm gay... is that weird? I can't believe you're homophobic... and I found you cute." Wooyoung yelled and quickly left the room.

"No that's not what I-" San was cut off by the slamming of his bedroom door. He was shocked at two things. One, that Wooyoung thought he was homophobic... that was furthest from the truth. Sure, he does have some shame towards it but he is working on himself. Secondly, that Wooyoung is gay. It made him... happy? Maybe if he learned to love who he is, then he could actually see himself with Wooyoung. Right now though, he needed to fix this. He quickly got up and left the room.

"Hey, have you seen Wooyoung?" San peaked his head into the kitchen where Jongho was eating.

"He ran by crying... you must have fucked up bad." Jongho chuckled, and went back to his food. San quickly continued to look for the boy but then the ship stopped. Signaling everyone should come above deck. He quickly walked above deck, Jongho following close behind. When he got above deck he saw a very tall man... he just LOOKED like the son of Hades. He quickly approached the taller, who was surrounded by all the therians so far, and a light blue haired boy behind him.

"San, this is Mingi." Aisha said, gesturing to the tall boy. "Son of Hades. Mingi, this is San. Son of Hermes. You will meet the others soon enough but we need to have a meeting with everyone." San turned around to see the other seven men on the deck. His eyes scanned for Wooyoung and when he saw him the younger couldn't even make eye contact.

"Everyone. All eight members have arrived so now you guys will journey to Utopia... alone. First, we have to give out the family heirlooms. Please stand in front of the therian that brought you here. It is quite the ceremony so be respectful. We will be giving you one item from your Godly parent, and explaining how it can be used."