Chapter 32: Asking for Advice

Hongjoong's POV

Hongjoong was helping the more sickly members to their beds. Mingi was still weak from using so much power for so long, and Seonghwa was still feeling sick from the nymph medicine. Hongjoong was currently in Seonghwa's room giving him some ambrosia.

"Thank you for helping me Joong." Seonghwa said in between hacking coughs.

"Of course, it's what leaders do." Hongjoong responded, smiling softly to the older. After Seonghwa was done drinking the vial Hongjoong slowly guided him down so he was laying back onto his pillows. The leader proceeded to get up and leave the room before Seonghwa called him back.

"Hey Joong?"

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you about something?"

"Of course." Hongjoong walked back over to the son of Poseidon and sat on his bedside. He had a feeling about what was coming next.

"Do Mingi and Wooyoung seem closer than usual?"

"Um..." Hongjoong knew that's what he would ask. "Not that I've noticed." He lied. Which he felt bad about, but he didn't want to upset Seonghwa, not while he was sick.

"I don't know, they've always been close but it seems like their connection has gotten even deeper."

"Well I know Mingi spent a lot of time with Woo when he was sick. And even more time after you all broke him out. Doesn't mean their fucking." Hongjoong explained.

"I didn't think they were..." Seonghwa's eyes immediately filled with hurt. "...until now."

"Seonghwa. They aren't fucking. Either way, Mingi and you aren't that close."

"I-" Seonghwa started before pausing and thinking deeply. "Well, I disagree. We've gotten very close. We were binge watching the Harry Potter movies and stuff."

"Well that doesn't mean much. I've binge watched stuff with multiple friends." Hongjoong replied, realizing he shouldn't have said anything even though the words already escaped his mouth. Seonghwa looked down and his face grew dark.

"Seonghwa I didn't mean that. I'm sure he cares about you. And even if him and Wooyoung are-" Hongjoong quickly stopped himself. He doesn't remember being this bad with people before.

"Can you leave?" Seonghwa's voice cracked slightly before his voice turned to a whisper. "Please..."

"Yeah Hwa. I'm sorry." Hongjoong got up slowly, extremely disappointed in himself. He knew exactly what he needed to do next. He began walking to the library and walked past Wooyoung leaving the room.

"Hey Woo. What's up?"

"Nothing, just had a small chat with Yeosang. He asked me to go check on Jongho in the workout room."

"Alright... have fun!" Hongjoong said.

He found Yeosang reading in the library like usual, he was about halfway through. He was reading a book about Janus, one of the four Gods still on the list. He peeked out from the book and noticed Hongjoong in the doorway.

"Hey did you know Janus is actually a Roman God? I find it interesting he is mixed into this whole Greek mythos. I mean I know all God's have Roman counterparts and Greek counterparts. Janus doesn't have a Greek counterpart. So I wonder why he's mixed into all of this, I wonder if it has a different meaning?"

"Um... Maybe it does." Hongjoong replied, he realized he tunes Yeosang out sometimes when he goes on these tangents. "I wanted to ask for some advice."

"I just started reading today. Woo interrupted the first time." Yeosang pulled out a bookmark with a small little character with a flower on his head. He then closed the book and sat it next to him. "But okay... What's up?"