Chapter 21: Trauma Bonding

Hongjoong's POV

Hongjoong and Yunho had been spending a lot of time together. Once Yeosang convinced Hongjoong to relax, Yunho would spend time with Hongjoong in his room. Working on music, watching movies, or just cuddling. Hongjoong recently got back from getting the song drafts he had written down. He instantly told Yunho what he just witnessed between Jongho and Yeosang. Yunho instantly told Hongjoong that they were about to fuck and Hongjoong was disgusted. Yunho was laughing at the Hongjoong's disgusted realization. Sure he thought that's what was happening, but Yunho affirming his thoughts made him feel weird. Hongjoong looked at the notebook he just grabbed and shivered in disgust.

"Do you just want to cuddle and watch something?" Yunho brought up the idea. Hongjoong quickly nodded in response. Hongjoong always enjoyed their cuddling session, although he was never super affectionate. He felt safe with Yunho. They never talked about what they were and Hongjoong didn't want to ruin it by confessing his feelings. Yunho was sweet to everyone. Hongjoong didn't think there was anything necessarily special about himself that would make Yunho fall for him. Yunho had also been really stressed with everything going on with Mingi, the boy never stopped worrying about him. So he was content with hiding his affection towards the taller one. They were both in Hongjoong's bed, his laptop sitting on both of them, trying to decide what to watch.

"What do you wanna watch Yunnie?" Hongjoong asked.

"Whatever you want to watch?"

"Oh my God, stop being so nice and choose something."

"Okay... what about... Hamilton?" Yunho asked.

"Oh okay... I've never seen it, but I heard it was good." Hongjoong quickly put Hamilton on the laptop, the introduction started to play and Hongjoong was quickly enthralled. He didn't realize Yunho was crying until he heard a loud sniffle next to him despite the movie just getting started. Hongjoong quickly paused the musical and went to comfort the taller.

"Yunho, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I guess I've just had a lot on my mind. I don't know if I ever told you this but that day my mother died." Yunho's voice cracked and more tears started falling. "We were going to watch this together. But... when I got back she ended up passing away. We never did, so I wanted to see what it was all about. But I guess it just all came back, I haven't really had time to process everything..." Yunho trailed off. Hongjoong quickly pulled Yunho into a hug and was whispering comforting words to him. Worry started seeping into the back of his mind, knowing if this was what Phobos would show him, Yunho might not be able to get through it.

"Do you want to do something else?" Hongjoong asked trying to change the subject.

"No... I want to get through it. Maybe it will give me some sort of closure..."

"Well, I know she would be proud of you Yunho. You're so caring and you really take care of everyone."

"Thanks Joong... I'm sorry." Yunho let out a small sniffle again, Hongjoong quickly went across the room to get him a box of tissues. He got back into bed and smiled softly as Yunho, his cheeks being puffy from crying. Yunho gave him a soft smile back. Hongjoong wasn't sure what possessed him but he quickly leaned over and gave him a small peck on the cheek. Yunho's ears quickly went red and he rubbed them nervously.

"It's okay to cry, Yun. Shows you're human. You can't heal everyone else without healing yourself. You're not a superhero as much as you want to be." Yunho leaned into Hongjoong's chest as he comforted him.

"Sadly my healing powers don't heal emotional damage..." Yunho tried to laugh it off. "But... if I was a superhero... who would I be?"

"Probably Groot... because you're tall and selfless."