Chapter 39: A Battle for Power

Yunho's POV

The battle started quickly after the therians left. Yeosang asked them to go help the satyrs trapped underground, Mingi and Seonghwa's friends went with them. Leaving just the eight demigods. Hongjoong didn't want to use the soldiers they had on their side to attack in case it would ruin the prophecy since they were under Aisha's control. Wooyoung volunteered to take care of the army.

"What if he just resurrects them all?" San asked.

"He can't." Yunho said. "At least not without sacrificing others. When Jongho was resurrected he brought a satyr to sacrifice in his place. Saying something like Charon would be suspicious."

"And if the therians are saving the satyrs we should be fine." San answered.

"And I could always take control of them." Mingi said. "They're still dead when I do it, I can't revive them."

"Alright then, Wooyoung." Hongjoong looked at the demigod. "Do your thing."

The son of Dionysus didn't think the soldiers deserved any mercy for the torture they put the members through. Wooyoung closed his eyes and knelt behind the line of soldiers Aisha had charmed and planted his hands into the ground. Yunho's eyes followed the flurry of vines spreading through the grass, every few feet a small purple bulb sprouted from the vines. After the vines stretched the length of the small army in front of them, Wooyoung's eyes shot open. Glowing purple. All at once the purple leaf bulbs burst open releasing a small mist into the air. The mist rose into the air into the faces of the soldiers, who all immediately started screaming in agony. The screams caught the attention of Asclepius on the other side who was staring daggers at the team. Once the soldiers in front of them all fell over, dead, Asclepius's eyes started glowing gold, gold light shining from his fingertips on one hand, his other hand releasing a black mist, shot in the direction away from the members. Asclepius was clearly related to Apollo, his eyes glowing the same gold as Yunho's. Yunho has a feeling he knew what was coming next.

"Everyone back up!" Hongjoong shouted, clearly thinking the same thing Yunho was. The eight men scrambled backwards as the soldiers they just killed rose right back up, this time facing them. Yunho turned to the large lab where the black mist was going and noticed the therians guiding the satyrs to the ship. Some of the satyrs started to fall down while running, dropping dead onto the ground.

"Yeosang, fire." Hongjoong ordered. The son of Aphrodite used the bow just given to him by Kanghyun, firing heart arrows at the now revived soldiers, turning some of them back to their side. The charmed soldiers now fighting the resurrected soldiers on Asclepius's side.

"Let's go." Hongjoong sprinted forward, passing the fighting soldiers. The other members all followed in step. When Hongjoong stopped he threw his owl in the air and hit the button on his glasses. The glasses glazed over. Yunho didn't have time to focus on how hot his boyfriend looked right now though. Yeosang was firing arrows from next to the son of Athena. Hongjoong began to make callouts to the members who were fighting from his aerial view. Telling the members where to expect the next attack, facilitating the battle nicely.

Yunho pulled the bow from his back and started firing the arrows at the army around Asclepius. The arrows burned through the men. Yunho noticed Jongho sprint right in the middle of the men, a sword in one hand and a shield in the other. The son of Ares' eyes glowing red. He was able to take down at least a dozen soldiers by himself, but they were instantly resurrected by the God and Jongho was caught by surprise. A sword cutting into his leg. The son of Apollo shot an arrow at his friend, the second the arrow hit his friend the wound started to close up. Yunho looked at the bow in awe. He's way more powerful than he thought.

On the other side of the field Seonghwa and Mingi were working together. Seonghwa had a sword made of water, slashing through the soldiers. As soon as one man fell, Mingi instantly brought them back up before Asclepius could, since the God was too busy resurrecting the other soldiers. Even with the extra soldiers, the two demigods seemed overwhelmed. Wooyoung was throwing grenades filled with poison into the backline of enemy lines.