Chapter 30: SleepScape

Yunho's POV:

The eight men were all going over the plan in the Captain's Quarters. They weren't completely sure what was going to happen but most of the plan rested on Mingi. San spent most of the previous night working on potions that might help them against the Gods but they weren't sure if they would work. Yeosang walked around the city finding filtration masks to try and counteract the sleep powder. Yunho's concern came in the way that Hypnos probably had multiple ways to subdue them. And if Hypnos could just put them all to sleep permanently. Never letting them wake up. How would they counter that?

"Yunho. Are you listening?" Hongjoong's voice snapped him out of his daze.

"Yeah. I'm here." Yunho said, reluctantly.

"I have a theory." Yeosang piped up. "We have these...masks. That hopefully could counter the sleep powder, but even then we aren't sure. What if he has other methods to subdue us? A sound, a vision. A different substance. And do we know how Morpheus would come into play? It would probably be similar to Phobos. Potentially making us see illusions. Do we have a way to counter that? And Mingi, are you confident in what we are asking?"

"Not really. No. Hypnos is a God of the underworld and his powers are close to my fathers. When you're sleeping. Your heartbeat slows down. It's the closest you are to death while still being alive. So could I potentially do something? Maybe. But I'm not sure." Mingi explained, not really bringing any comfort to anyone.

"To the other possible forms of Hypnos putting us to sleep. If we have any more earplugs like the ones we used with the sirens. Those could help?" Wooyoung spoke up.

"And if there are other demigods we have to fight? Would you guys be capable of taking a life?" Hongjoong asked, his tone deadly serious.

"Well it looked like they were under some sort of daze from Hypnos. Like they were sleepwalking. Maybe we can snap them out of it." Yeosang responded, he clearly wanted to avoid taking any human lives.

"And if we can't Sangie? It's us or them and I'm not losing you." Jongho spoke solely to Yeosang. As if they were the only two in the room. Jongho turned to look at everyone else. "I'm not losing any of you."

"Hypothetically speaking, I could kill most of them the same way I did Ryujin. Or if one of you can make them bleed I can use that as well." Seonghwa seemed to be too comfortable with killing and Yunho wasn't sure where this dark side of him had been coming from. "I'm not going to let them kill any of you either." The son of Poseidon finished off.

"I could also use one of my vines fragrances to make a few of them fight for us. I did it when we were fighting the guards the other day. So that could even the numbers a little." Wooyoung offered another idea.

"San? You're the only one that hasn't said anything yet. Do you have any ideas?" Hongjoong asked and everyone turned to look at the son of Hermes.

"Well. I haven't had the chance to test my potions yet but I triple checked and none of them have been made with nymph ingredients so everyone should be able to use them. I have a few special nymph potions for me as well. If he puts any of us to sleep, the potion, if made correctly, should wake us up." San smiled and nodded, signaling he was done talking.

"Well I'm sure we will do great. So everyone get packed up, make sure you have everything you need, and then we can leave. Being honest. We know a decent amount about Hypnos but not much about Morpheus, so be careful. We will reconvene in thirty minutes."

Yunho left the room quickly. He went below deck and began packing as much medicine and healing salve as he could. Also making sure to grab the pocket mirror. He hasn't been able to use it much but maybe it could help against actual mortals. After everything was packed up he went back above deck and waited with Hongjoong.