three

Milo's P.O.V
...

Milo's mother did not talk to him after arguing with Ramone.

She didn't budge for a whole week.

She did continue giving him meals and didn't completely ghost him.

Milo was still upset so he fled to Uncle Joey's house to hangout with him. 

He played GTA and while driving away from the Green Hispanic gang, Uncle Joey sat next to him asked, " What's the matter witchu Milo? You've been quiet the entire time..."

Milo said, " Mom's mad at me..."

Uncle Joey leaned back asked, " What'd you do this time? Not get first place at a piano competition again?"

Milo glared at him said, " No, I haven't played in two years. Its not about that..."

Uncle Joey tilted his head confused asked, " Than whats up?"

Milo said, " I tried to tell her how I want to be like you and stuff..."

Uncle Joey stroked his chin thinking replied, " She lashed out didn't she?"

Milo nodded pausing GTA.

As much as he loves GTA, he just couldn't multitask when he was talking.

At least not today he couldn't.

So something was definitely up.

Milo rambled, " I just- Ion get her. She makes no sense to me. Why she always feels like she has to be spoken to. She got mad at me for talking to Pops! Like- I'm  a guy, he's a guy of course I'd be more closer to him than her... Its just a fact. And i don't get how she is like- so controlling. Just because she controlled my career when I did piano doesn't mean she has a say in me wanting to be like you. Isn't this my life?"

Uncle Joey was just silent listening intently.

Milo was right.

But he was also wrong.

Rhethia has always been that way, controlling and powerful.

When Milo was a pianist, people in the classical world practically adored the kid!

Milo was number one in the world!

On at least a four year streak.

And because of that, Rhethia did whatever she could to keep him intrested in music.

Piano mainly.

But two years later he quit.

Cracked under pressure and ran off stage.

He never returned after that.

It was the last time people saw Milo again.

Now at sixteen, he never wants to see 88 black and white keys again.

He just didn't see how she was okay with him being a pianist which he never really wanted, but was so against him being a gangster which was something he loved and totally wanted to be.

But yet again, being a musician is a lot safer.

And being a gangster isn't.

Uncle Joey leaned forward explained, " Well Milo, she is rigrh y'know. I understand where your coming from with your future and it being your life therefore your responsibility on who you want to be. But is her choice whether or not to be okay with that. You two can be the last two people on earth, she will always be on too since she's your mom. And your her son. Thats just how it'll be. Besides, understanding you look up to me and stuff, I don't think you should be in the gang with Ramone and I."