eight

Millie's P.O.V
...

It was afterschool and Millie was doing chores.

Rhethia was getting ready for work, and Ramone had already left for work two hours ago.

While doing the dishes, Millie was on FaceTime with her best friend Zuri.

While doing Milo and her parents dishes that were in the sink, she was talking about Milo and him starting piano again.

"See I want him to play and all, I'm just confused on the fact she wants him to do piano but can't even properly handle him with our own chores..."

Zuri asked, " Do you always end up doing everything?"

Millie put the dishes away replied, " Sometimes. When I'm sick Milo does everything, and when I'm not he doesn't do anything."

Zuri said, " You should talk to him about it."

Milie nodded said, " At least I get to hangout with Bryce today,"

She started smiling happily at the thought of him.

Bryce Jones.

Millie's best friend, and probably only guy who she's close to.

He had a sister and an older brother.

Similar to her life, he was usually the one taking care of all the chores and constantly hearing his parents argue too.

But unlike her parents, his were more brutal.

But still.

She felt like out of all her friends, he was the one she was the most closest to.

And she was always happy to see him and play.

Click!

"We're here!"

We?

Who's we?

Millie turned around to Milo to see who the guest was.

...

"Hey Millie! "

Bryce greeted said, " I got you cow milk and oreos from Seven Eleven,"

Millie said, " So thats where you've been, thank you."

While taking the snacks out of his hands.

He smiled said, " Your whalecome,"

She smiled said, " Milo! Mom said she gave you the piece Winter's Wind to practice on the piano. So, she wants to get to practice when your home,"

Milo nodded said, " Thanks Mills, any other chores I have to do?"

Millie replied, " Just clean your room and the bathroom."

Milo nodded and got to work.

Rhethia began rushing around noticed Bryce said, " Oh hi! I wasn't aware Milo brought friends,"

Bryce waved said, " Hi Mrs Carter! How's Mr Carter?"

Rhethia smiled replied, " He's doing well, thank you Bryce!"

Whispering to Millie she asked, " Why can't you like someone like him? Instead of stupid Mark?"

Millie whispered, " I don't even like Mark. I only liked him cause he had similar interests to me, he's still obsessed with me..."

Rhethia smirked said, " Still, this one's cute..."

Millie said, " Stop it Momma!"

Rhethia laughed said, " Well, have fun you two!"

Bryce blushed waved and Rhethia continued getting ready in her room.

Millie held her milk and oreos grabbed Bryce's hand said, " Let's go to my room,"

He nodded and the two went to her room.

...

When the two arrived, Millie sat on her bed and Bryce sat on her chaise lounge.

She said, " Soooo, how've you been lately?"

Bryce leaned back rested his head against the bed said, " Well, I played GTA for a good two hours and didn't get arrested but successfully stole a car and did some missions. Then I did my homework and actually got a few As and Bs on some tests and papers. After that, I hung out with my friends and then afterschool went to Seven Eleven with Milo and Robert."

Millie said, " Cool! Sounds funnn, "

Bryce said, " Yeah, I was shocked that nobody bothered me while I played and I found it very shocking that I didn't cause any accidents or ran into gangs like usual. But other than that, it was pretty fire."

Millie nodded asked, " What about school?"

Bryce said, " Oh my god- there's so much drama in our group. Not with me anymore thank God, but basically Jordan and Phillip like- be havin beef with eachother now and I think one of em might leave the group. But ion know to be honest."

Millie sat up said, " Oooh, do tell!"

She started drinking her cow milk listening intently.

Bryce explained, " So I heard that Jordan found a girl named Jessica and Phillip like- really liked her too and they both sorta fought over her for a minute of course Jessica wasn't really paying attention she's super nice and didn't cause any problems. Anyway, all three of em went to the mall once and started fighting over paying for all of Jessicas stuff. Even though Jessica had her own money and insisted on paying herself she so upset and found her friends at the mall and left and hung out with her friends."

Millie said, " Damnnn, so what happened with Jordan and Phillip after that?"

Bryce said, " They both got mad and just left to. After that, Jordan and Jessica were still together! And I heard Jordan knew Phillip liked her but still is going out with Jessica anyway!"

Millie said, " Wowww, not him breakin bro code..."

Bryce said, " I know right?! Anyway, what's goin on witchu?"

Millie said, " Well, I'm starting piano again! I'm thinking of doing it as a hobby and just performing at recitals. Momma got me a new piano teacher who happens to be sixteen like me! She's a genuis and a polymath and I'm super excited to meet her of Friday! Its going to be so cool,"

Bryce said, " Oh yeah Milo was talkin about that this morning,"

Millie asked, " Really? What'd he say?"

Bryce replied, " He just doesn't really want to meet the new teacher cause he thinks its stupid that she's same age as y'all. Ion know I think he's mad about somethin that doesn't have to do with him since your mom is teaching him again,"

Millie said, " Yeah, he's always been like that. Cause he was annoyed with the last piano teacher I had. Ion know what his problem is..."

Bryce said, " Yeah, ion know either."

The two got quiet and stared in eachothers eyes listening to Milo playing Chopin's Etude Op. 25 "Winter's Wind".

...