nineteen

Milo's P.O.V
...

It was Thursday.

Milo had his first piano lesson with his mother today.

He felt like it was his last day of freedom.

Cause last time this happened, being two years ago, when he started piano his mother told him everything she planned to do to him and with what he would do with piano and how his career would go if he listened to what she said.

But his career would've gone way more successful if he didn't quit.

But since he did, now he's back at square one.

And he hated it.

"Milo!"

"Hellooo?"

"Dude,"

"Bro!"

Robert smacked the back of Milo's head said, " Dude what's the matter witchu?!"

Sipping his Slushie, Robert just stared at him confused.

Milo said, " I have my first piano lesson today..."

Bryce asked, " Isn't that a good thing?"

Milo replied, " Sort of..."

The trio were walking to their next classes but just stood in the courtyard as a group talking.

Bryce asked, " Than whatchu mad about?"

Milo crossed his arms replied, " Cause I'll be working with my mom the whole time. She's just like- a psycho and I just don't want things to back to the way they were..."

Robert said, " Ion think its gonna be the way it was before,"

Milo asked, " Whatchu mean?"

Bryce explained, " Well its not like you're still playing. You quit, so now that your gettin back in the game, it's gon be different. Like the way people praised you then will be a lot different now. And since you may have a different audience from two years ago, things will definitely be different compared to how things were two years ago,"

Milo said, " Honestly Bry, how you failin yo classes yet have the ability to make explanations like that out of something you know nothin of?"

Bryce shrugged slurping his lollipop.

Robert said, " But to be honest if that were me, I'd be excited to be honest."

Milo pulled out his vape replied, " And why would you do that?"

Robert said, " Ion know new beginnings I guess..."

Bryce said, " You sound like dem people on tiktok who are like: OMG on Friday is the best day ever! Three ways to claim..."

Robert said, " I only said new beginnings..."

Milo said, " Still you sound like that whole manifestation bullshit..."

Robert said, " Damn y'all so moody this mornin. "

And walked off toward where the rest of their group was walking around the courtyard.

Bryce said, " To keep it real Milo, Robert is right. Y'know, despite you bein all mad about your lesson. Its best to have a good attitude. It may be a bit better than you think,"

And when Millie came up to Bryce, Milo immediately left the couple heading off to class thinking about what Bryce said.

I guess they're right...

...

When Milo arrived in History class at the end of the day, he decided to just text Athena the whole class period.