four

Millie's P.O.V.
...

Soon summer was over.

And it was school time.

Millie, dressed in a white spaghetti strapped crop top, red checkered flannel, and black baggy jeans and her Air Jordan's, walked onto campus with a big smile on her face.

Milo right by her side, looked angry and bitter.

Like always.

His friends called him over but he just kept walking.

Girls frequently stared at flirted with him, but Milo ignored them.

Teachers reminded him to wear his ID and pull up his jeans but Milo didn't care.

He didn't hear any of it.

His mind was elsewhere.

Noticing that, Millie asked, " Whatchu thinkin about Milo?"

The two already got their school breakfast and sat at a table together.

Milo said, " The piano."

The piano?

Hearing those words shocked Millie.

She hadn't heard him talk about the piano let alone music, in so long.

It felt...

Refreshing, when he said it.

Like...

It was the one word Millie had been waiting to hear that he finally spoke up about.

Like he thought about it all the time and just never spoke of it.

Did he...

Does he think of the piano all the time?

Millie said, " Oh. I- Wow. Its just you haven't talked about piano in so long..."

Milo replied, " I know, it feels weird talking about it now..."

Millie asked, " What made you think of it?"

Milo sighed explained, " Its not fully put together but about my future. I spoke to Uncle Joey and he also said no about me being a gangster. Sooo that dream is like- dead. Anyway, he mentioned piano and asked me if I ever wanted to go back-"

"Back to the way it was before?"

Milo continued, " No Ion know if he was talking about that. But I don't know if I do, but I got curious and went to the music room. I listened to Moonlight Sonata and like- all these feelings were like- flooding in nonstop. It was crazy bro! I sorta realized what I wanted but like- I just don't know how to start and also if I really want piano back again..."

Millie nodded listening intently.

Milo said, " Cause mom is probably still mad at me. She always is but what is she going to say about this? Me and piano again? Besides... when I quit in the competition she immediately took it as me quitting and like dishonoring her or something I dunno..."

Millie asked, " So, what do you want?"

Milo replied, " Ion know. I have this urge with the piano but I still don't know if its a good route for me to get back on again... I was so stressed with all that work..."

Millie said, " But you were Ion know... You were cooler then. You always played flawlessly and everything by memory. Always in first place. Performed with Philharmonic Orchestra at age eight! C'mon Milo! You were hella badass to! Not just that, practically everyone loved you! Sure it was hard work but you y'know payed it off out of performing..."