twenty

Millie's P.O.V
...

A week passed and it was time for Millie and Elizabeth to show Rhethia Millie's progress.

Unlike Elizabeth who was confident that Millie would sound great, Millie was very nervous.

Besides Millie's progress on piano having a immense amount of improvement, her friendship with Elizabeth had gotten pretty strong to.

The two traded numbers and decided to hangout for the first time on the weekend.

Millie was very excited about it.

She also had her first date with Bryce today.

The thought of him always made her happy.

At school, Millie and Elizabeth walked around campus together.

"So! You excited to show your mom Moonlight Sonata?"

Millie said, " Eh, I'm mainly nervous to be honest..."

Elizabeth asked, " Why, what's up? "

Millie said, " My mom has sorta a reputation of being unnecessarily aggressive when it comes to me and Milo's performance on piano. She's never been angry with piano at me before so I'm nervous she'll randomly start yelling at me."

Elizabeth just stared at her suprised.

When she met Rhethia, she was actually friendly and very nice.

Wad she that way only because Elizabeth was a new guest?

Or just a guest in general?

Elizabeth obviously didn't know Rhethia all that well.

Especially not the way Millie does.

Even though she wasn't suprised, she was only shocked about the way Millie spoke about her.

Elizabeth said, " Well why don't you think about the one thing that you love? It'll definitely help with your playing and calm your nerves. Not only that, you don't have anything to worry about! You sound great!"

The two were in the library and when Elizabeth returned a book through the returning slot, Millie asked, " Really?"

Elizabeth said, " Yes, I bet even Milo and your boyfriend would agree."

Millie just blushed at that statement.

Cause she knew Elizabeth was right.

...

Arriving at English, Millie settled down in front of Nancie while listening to Max, Sidney, and Arianna talking about random drama they heard about.

Millie wasn't in the mood to talk so she just listened and did the work quietly.

"Hey Mills-"

"Leave her alone, she's not in it today..."

"Oh nevermind then, I'll text you later about it..."

"Oh! Aren't you doing something with piano today?"

After Millie turned in an assignment, she replied, " Yeah I am. I just don't want to talk about it."

Sidney rolled her eyes replied, " Whenever you're in this mood, you always end up talking. So just let it out!"

Millie faced her friends replied, " Okay, I've been practicing my song the third Movement of Moonlight Sonata with Elizabeth with the past two weeks, now that we've been doing it a lot, Mom always says whenever we practice for a good two weeks, she'll want us to perform it to her. Which is what I'm doing today."