Ochako x MALE! Reader

(Yes that is me in cosplay)

Workout Assistant

(Setting is at a gym)

(Quirk: Telepathy)

I walked into the gym with my bag on my shoulder and my headphones around my neck. It had been a while since I last went to the gym. I never really liked it. It was always so loud. There was always some messed up person who was trying to assault someone, a stalker, a person think about steroids, or someone cussing themselves out for putting too much weight on their bar or complaining about running on the treadmill.

While they were usual, they were always so annoying. I could never block them out since I was a child. I've heard some really dark things in my time. From parents to friends. I accidentally found out my girlfriend was cheating on me when she came home thinking about how good some other guy was in bed. It broke my heart.

Though, that was a very long time ago. Ever since then, I was always trying to better myself, thinking that if I was physically attractive, maybe a woman would find me good enough to not cheat on. A sad thought. I know. But, I've been going to therapy to work through that issue. So far, it's been a difficult pill to swallow.

I've been asking some friends what women like. They said a respectful, kind, loving, honest and loyal man was what they all wanted. I know physical attraction also plays a part. Besides, working out was a good way to listen to music and think about how I can better myself.

——

I took a deep breath and opened the door to a gym I had been subscribed too for a few months now. I walked over to a treadmill and set down my bag, grabbing my headphones. Though, from the corner of my eye, I noticed a very pretty girl. Though, I didn't stare, I knew how it was reacted too these days and didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

Though, I noticed that she appeared ready too... throw up. I grew a bit concerned and walked towards her. I tapped her arm to get her attention and stepped back to give her some space to set down a bar with maybe two hundred pounds on it. Which was incredible. Then I realized she could probably throw me like a rag doll. Not a deterrent though. It sparked an interest.

"Hello. I noticed you looked nauseous. I wanted to see if you were okay." I said, trying to see if she was doing alright.

She smiled slightly and rubbed her hands together. "Yeah. I think I'm okay. I've been training my quirk. Zero gravity. But, I think I overdid it." She said and I rose a brow slightly.

"Well... I could spot you for a bit and then go about my way. If you're training your quirk and it goes out... two hundred pounds is... very heavy." I said and she seemed to think about it. "I don't want you to be uncomfortable. I can stay right here while you lift. I just don't want to see you pull a muscle. You look like you work hard... and I know you don't need help lifting that."

She laughed a little. "Okay. I'm on my last set anyway. Plus, someone helping with one set and not checking me out. Would be a bit nice. I usually have a partner here to spot me. But their child got sick. Mina never skips a leg day." She said and I nodded quickly.

I watched as she picked up the bar again, almost effortlessly. I was beyond dazzled. Not only was she cute, but she lifted. She was hardworking and kind as well. While I wasn't in love. Maybe coffee would be nice. Have a chat and maybe make a friend and see where it went from there. I didn't mind if she only wanted to be friends. I could definitely use a few more of those.

I watched her squat, and I was very careful to just watch her form. That's when I noticed that her biceps were bigger than mine.

"Do you want to lift together some time? I definitely want to have muscles like yours. I'm a bit jealous." I said and she smiled, standing back up.

"I charge." She said and I nodded.

"What do you charge to lift with you?" I asked and she went down again, I again, looked at her form for any shaking.

"I charge lunch and a conversation with my lift partner." She said as she came back up.

"Oh, that's very understandable. If I get muscles like yours. I'm very willing to pay for lunch." I said and she went back down.

"Well. Then... I'm Ochako. I'm a pro hero." She said as she came back up. "Uravity is my hero name."

I looked a little surprised. Uravity was an amazing hero in my eyes. A very respectable hero who was in the line of rescue. I, was a detective.

"Well. I'm (y/n). Very nice to meet you. When do you come to the gym? I'd like to know your secrets of lifting." I said and chuckled softly.

She went down again and set the bar down. "I come every Saturday at eleven." She said and I nodded.

"I won't ask for your number. I'd rather talk face to face. It's better to actually talk to someone in person." I said and she nodded slightly in agreement.

"I agree there." She said and her phone rang, she picked it up as well as her bag before she listened to the person on the other end of the line.

"I'm sorry, (y/n), that was Mina. She needs me to babysit while she goes to the doctor. Until next time?" She said and then, left.

I stood and waved for a few moments, smiling slightly.

"I think I made a new friend." I whispered to myself.

This was a good start to my day. It made my whole week better. I had something genuine to look forward too.

(Maybe a part two to this.)