westbrook academy

• —————— ᯽—————— •

chapter one: westbrook academy

• —————— ᯽—————— •

   ALL THE TENSION within Adam Banks had been released once his father had finally agreed to leave the campus. He'd been impatiently waiting for this moment; a whole five months away from home.

There was a small grin tugging at the blonde's lips as he began to unpack. The boy was knelt down on the carpet of his dorm, sort of struggling to fit all of his t-shirts into a closet drawer.

"You know, I never really understood your dad."

Adam glanced up at the voice, whom belonged to one of his best friends.

Guy Germaine had his back leant against the headboard of his bed, waiting for Adam, as he had finished putting away his belongings almost an hour ago.

"Yeah, me either." The blonde responded, chuckling. "I mean he's a great dad, I guess, but just super controlling."

"What do you mean?" His friend asked.

"Well dude, he's been watching me like a hawk ever since I can remember, you know that." Adam had slouched in on his posture. It was clear that he was embarrassed to admit how babied he was growing up.

"Just this year he finally let me have a little more freedom, and my mother had to talk him into that!" Adam reached into his suitcase and pulled out his last article of clothing. He opened a random drawer, and shoved it in. "I'm so tired of it, Guy."

As the boy let out a huff, Guy sat up. He scooted to the edge of his bed, swinging his legs over the frame and let them dangle freely. "At least you can get a break. I mean now you can finally branch out a bit, maybe get to know more people. It's not healthy to let him have that kind of power over you."

Adam smiled at his friend. "Yeah, you're right."

"But I wouldn't blow him off completely." Guy reminded with a tight-lipped grin."From what I already know about your dad, Philip would pull you out of here the minute he senses something is up." 

The blonde dragged his body up from the ground, shaking his head slightly as he just remembered something.

Guy noticed. "What? Was that rude of me to say? If so, I am so sorry-"

Though Adam just chuckled, leaving his friend sightly perplexed. The boy ran a hand through his hair as he clarified. "Nah man, you just reminded me about the call schedule he set up."

"Call schedule?"

Without continuing the explanation, Adam walked over to a backpack that sat on his bed. He unzipped a pocket and tugged out a folded up, crumbled piece of paper. "This," and handed it to Guy.

Guy unfolded the note, his eyebrows furrowing once he saw what was written. "Damn dude! You have to call him every three hours?"

"Starting at five-thirty in the morning, unfortunately." Adam sighed, flopping onto his bed. "Like, i'm fine if it's only for the first month, but I am praying he doesn't hold me to it the whole time I'm here."