the interrogation

• —————— ᯽—————— •

chapter three: the interrogation

{a/n: sorry for not updating! life's been so chaotic. this chapter didn't go as i planned it to, but i thought it was still pretty cute even tho it's super short lol

currently working on the next chapter and hope to get that out soon. thank you all for the support and love so far on this book. really appreciate it!! <3 }

• —————— ᯽—————— •

"OKAY, I GUESS I'LL GO FIRST." Vera spoke up, wiping bacon grease off her hands with a napkin. She reached out for her glass of orange juice, "Name, birthday, and age, go!" and took a sip as she waited for a response.

Adam was taken aback, a breakfast sandwhich clutched in one hand as he was just about to take a bite of it. His expressions wrinkled, he didn't expect the sudden questioning. "Huh?"

Up until that point, neither of them had said a word to each other. It was quite awkward, and Adam was kicking himself for thinking that this was a good idea.

Nevertheless, he still answered. "Oh- uh, Adam Banks." He set the sandwhich back on his plate.

"And it's July 21st, so I just turned eighteen."

Vera leant back into the booth chair. She nodded, intaking air through her nose as she looked at him in thought. "Alright," She crossed her arms, "where are you from?"

The blonde mimicked her posture, folding his arms against his chest as well. "Here."

"Minnesota?" She asked, and he replied with a slight nod. The girl adjusted herself a little in her seat, making herself comfortable as she finally took intrest into the blonde. "Which part?"

He unmindfully tilted his head to the side with furrowed brows. Lightly wetting his bottom lip, he spoke. "Wouldn't you like to know."

Of course he wasn't about to tell a girl he just met that he was from one of the most hated cities in the state.

Vera's cheeks turned pink. "Sorry, I was just trying to make conversation." The brunette responded sheepishly. She grasped onto her purse that was seated beside her, draping it over her arm as she was about to stand up.

Adam's eyes flickered, worried that he'd spoken to her in a rude manner. "Uhm, Edina!" The city's name fell from his lips quicker than he could catch it. The girl, now sitting in an awkward position from when she was in the midst of getting up, appeared to have an expression of confusion on her face.

He fixed his demeanor, now sitting up straight. "That's where I'm from."

The corner's of Vera's lips turned upwards.

"Oh, and before you ask anything else, I'll save you the breath." He wasn't really all that interested in saving her breath though, more like redeeming himself from how impolite he'd sounded from before.

But, truth was, Vera didn't find it as discourteous as Adam thought. She was more embarrassed than anything, cowering at the fact she practically threw the poor boy into a void of personal questions.