back on the rink

• —————— ᯽—————— •

chapter thirty-six: back on the rink

{a/n:

y'all i've been so busy i'm so sorry!! i promise my updating schedule should regulate soon... in a couple weeks AHAH anyways, thank you all for your patience!!

enjoy!}

• —————— ᯽—————— •

GAMEDAY WAS TAKEN very seriously at Westbrook Academy. It was required for everyone to be in uniform throughout the entirety of the day leading up to the actual set games; guys in suits and girls in dresses. Of course, this custom wasn't out of the ordinary for Adam, Julie, and Guy — as they've attended the prestigious school of Eden Hall for three years, but here, everyone looked as if they were going to prom.

Vera could almost feel a corsage itching at her wrist as she walks down the hallway, wary of stepping on her gown to prevent her from tripping. She wishes she could've picked a shorter dress.

'This is ridiculous.' her thoughts scream when she notices the amount of reporters huddled in the main lobby.

She manages to get through the crowd, but of course, not without her dress getting caught on the leg of a camera stand.

It tips over.

Fortunately, the girl catches the camera, but the stand itself lands on the floor with a loud bang.

The noise rings throughout the lobby and draws in the attention of almost everyone in the large room, including a seemingly important interview (there were at least 5 different sports media companies) that was taking place a couple yards away.

When the reporters glanced back, it gave her a clear shot of who they were interviewing.

Of course.

"Uh— anyways. Mr. Banks, we hear that you finally taken a position on the Varsity team. We're surprised that you didn't qualify for a higher level considering we've been monitoring your skills since the Goodwill Games. But, nevertheless it's a good opportunity. The team has already been together for a couple weeks now and I assume they all know each other's playing style. How are you expecting to fit in?"

Adam had been pretending to not notice her until this moment, when his gaze flash to where she is standing. They lock eyes, and he immediately sees that she's dazed.

Vera rips her stare away at once. She is quick to turn on her heels, mumbling an apology to one of the crew members about the camera stand before she walks away, each step going a little faster than the last.

The interviewer clears his throat. Adam snaps his eyes back for a moment before looking off in the direction where she ran.

"Uh--" he stammers, lip quivering. Without a second thought, he backs off the podium. "Sorry, guys, I just remembered I have something to do."

"Mr. Banks!....Sir!" One of them call out. "I still have two minutes left with you! Would you be able to wait?"

The blonde continues to excuse himself by unclipping the microphone from his tie and handing it to a confused looking media worker. He sees her pass through a hallway that has frosted glass windows, and rushes off to catch up.