'i feel like i'm twelve again'

• —————— ᯽—————— •

chapter fourteen: 'i feel like i'm twelve again'

{a/n:

i'm sooo sorry about disappearing like that for a couple weeks. i've had a hard time lately just with mental stuff and school. but i'm back now!!

i just re-read this whole book and i'm cringing so hard lol. hopefully my writng has improved since i last updated.

thank you all so much for you patience <3 }

• —————— ᯽—————— •

        ADAM COULDN'T TELL if he was even breathing. With his backside pressed against the edge of the bathroom counter and Vera's face so close to his, he wouldn't have been surprised if he'd just died right there.

He clutched the rim of the countertop behind him with both of his hands.

He wouldn't touch her. He couldn't.

Because if he did, he knew there was no way that he'd be able to control himself.

"Adam,"

The boy glanced up from her lips.

Vera was staring back at him timidly, a glint of warning displayed on her face, but she didn't dare to move away.

She couldn't.

Though, Adam understood almost immediately.

"Now is not the right time."

He nodded while swallowing down hard. "Yeah," he rasps, turning his gaze towards the floor.

Vera finally gathered enough mental strength to take a few steps back just so he'd have enough room to get out from in front of her.

"Uhm,"

Adam scratched the back of his neck as he stepped aside. His gaze was still directed towards the floor; attempting to hide the rosy color that had tinted his cheeks.

There was a long moment then. It was just them standing in silence, staring anywhere but at the other person.

"I should g-"

"Let's go do somethi-"

Adam looked towards her. "What?"

"Yeah," the girl assured after a second, "why don't we go do something? You know, to make up for yesterday. I practically stood you up"

The corners of the boys' lips went up slightly.

He shrugged. "You don't need to do that. Getting trapped in a arena is a pretty valid excuse. It's okay"

"For you maybe but...," Vera paused as she realized her words were coming out quickly. She folded her hands together and sighed.

"I was really looking forward to hanging out with you last night."

Adam didn't say anything- mostly because he couldn't. There was a lot of things he couldn't do when it came to Vera.