dining hall

• —————— ᯽—————— •

chapter six: dining hall

{ a/n:

this chapter might seemed rushed lol. i'm trying to make the beginning pace up a bit more to get to the interesting things i have planned for this story.

hope you all enjoy! thank you all <33 }

• —————— ᯽—————— •

     "CHER IF YOU WANT THIS BOY TO LIKE YOU, YOU HAVE TO BE A LITTLE LESS CREEPY." Taniya was sitting in her vanity chair while her blonde friend was applying a shimmery eyeshadow on her eyelids. "Like- they way you threw yourself onto him that one time since was really weird."

Cher backed away, looking at the girl repulsively. "I didn't throw myself on him." She scoffed, and Taniya rolled her eyes with an unbelieving expression.

"And besides," she resumed with Taniya's makeup, "I haven't spoken to him since."

The raven haired girl cocked a brow. "No, but you've been giving him awfully petrifying looks. I've seen you."

"It might look petrifying to you but guys like it." She responded confidently.

Taniya carefully took the makeup brush from Cher's hand. Looking at her with a sighed look, she said, "I don't think he liked it. Poor dude started running."

She was recalling a moment that happened earlier that day. They'd saw the boy walking from the North dorms and his eyes caught them. Cher gave him a quite too flirtatious look, and the boy's eyebrows knitted in revulsion.

He sped walked away, not taking another look back.

"He didn't run. Besides, it seemed like he was in a hurry." Cher defended, taking a seat at the end of her bed. She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Yeah," Taniya nodded with a stretched expression. "Hurrying away from you."

Cher's face saddened. Her shoulders slumped in, and she was now looking at the floor.

Her friend sighed and stood up. "Look," she started, walking over to her, "if you want this guys attention, you need to keep it subtle. Boys hate when you chase them."

"I thought they liked when girls are affectionate." Cher mumbled, now looking up at Taniya. She then shrugged.

"Some guys do like it when girls show a little affection, but that's usually once you get to know them more. Even so, some guys don't." Taniya explained.

The blonde girl sat in thought for a moment, her friends words really sinking in. She sighed deeply. "If playing the long game is the only way to get this guy, then so be it." But then her eyebrows knitted, and she was back in her slumped state.

"I don't know how I'll start talking to him." She confessed. "I've never tried getting a guy this way before."

"I'd say the best you could do is go up and apologize. Maybe say you were on something, I don't know." Cher snapped a look once those last few words fell out of her friends mouth.