hold your tongue

• —————— ᯽—————— •

chapter forty-nine: hold your tongue

{a/n:

we're not even going to talk about how i disappeared again. enjoy this, honestly very short, chapter :)

commenting and voting are greatly appreciate!!}

• —————— ᯽—————— •

  CHER DOESN'T THINK she has the strength to confess what she had done that day. She was ashamed, which was a very outlandish feeling as she was -- some would say 'blessed' -- with the ability to dispose of any culpable feelings she had towards her prey.

It was clearly something very bad as she was visibly in distress, and it wasn't even a situation that would affect her disgusting monarch image.

Seated with three other teenagers she's never actually had a genuine conversation with, Cher finds herself a little intimidated. Julie and Vera both have still yet pique expressions on their faces, mirroring each other's body language with the lapping of arms across their chests. Charlie, although just as sullen, has a much more relaxed composure. He rolls his neck and yawns during the silence, slumped into his chair. The lack of his dopey antics hold the blonde girl ill at ease. (She was somewhat relieved upon first seeing the witty boy, thinking he would simmer down the awkwardness, but Spazway figures he should behave himself.)

"So?"

Vera tries her best to conceal her worries and troubled thoughts as she thinks she knows what this is about. Her voice comes out a little harsher than she intends it to, so she resets herself by taking a quick sip of water, which Charlie had nudged the glass towards her with the back of his hand.

Cher can already see that the girl assumes the worst and sighs.

"This has nothing to do with him."

"Sure,"

"I'm serious, Vera." the solemnity in her tone almost spooks the girl who sits across from her. "Believe it or not, I'm only worried about you here."

Julie interjects with squished features, "What do you mean?"

It takes a long second before Cher finds the words to respond. Charlie props himself up more, lightly wetting his bottom lip as he rests his arms on the table top, leaning some weight on them.

"I royally fucked up." her eyes avert to her untamed nails, which were evidence to the affliction she had while preparing for this confrontation. She starts to pick at the surrounding dead cuticles while the three irritatingly await her disclosure.

She chuckles after a moment and glances back up, "I'm trying to come up with a better way to say this but I don't think I can."

"Do you want to write it instead? I can totally go grab you a sticky note and pen quick,"

Julie kicks her captain's shin underneath the table and he hisses, whacking hers back in return.

Although, Cher appreciates the joke and evidently lightens up. Upon straightening her posture, she reaches around the side of her chair and unhooks her book bag. They all watch as she pulls out a file folder. Vera's name was labeled on the tab.