the great one

• —————— ᯽—————— •

chapter nine: the great one

{a/n:

already 1k reads? that's crazy! thank you all so so much <33
hope you all enjoy this chapter!! }

• —————— ᯽—————— •

"EASY AROUND THE EDGES THERE, BANKS!" Chandler Moore shouted out towards Adam. He was the Division 3 head coach at Westbrook Academy.

The man had noticed that the blonde wasn't skating as well as he usually did. Chiefly, when he would slash around the side of his blades, which would result in him slipping.

"Wouldn't want another injury on your record!"

The boy's cheeks tinted red, slightly embarrassed that he'd pointed out that infront of everyone.

Adam tightened up his ankles in a way he thought could make them sturdier. But as he began to skate around, his left foot gave out, sending him flying across the ice.

As he slid, he repeatedly thrashed his gloves against the icy surface in frustration. "Shit, shit, shit!"

When he finally came to a stop, he let his body go limp, sighing in defeat.

  Guy slid up beside the blonde, tapping the end of his stick against his helmet. "Hey, dumbass." His tone had a hint of humor. "Did you forget to lace up or something? You keep drifting around like a penguin on molly.

Adam lifted his head up, an annoyed expression stamped to his face. "Shut up." He stuck out his arm, hooking his hand to the backside of his friend's calf and giving it a forceful shove.

Guy fell forward, landing hard on his stomach.

"Dude, what the hell?" He groaned, slowly rolling onto his back as he clutched onto his arm.

Adam broke out into a fit of laughter. He pushed himself up from he ground, pressing on his friend's knee to help him out. "Sorry, you gave me an open opportunity."

"Hey, ladies! Stop screwing around and get back on the drill!" Coach Moore shouted from the other side of the rink. "I'll keep you boys hours overtime if you keep this crap up!"

Almost immediately did the two blonde boys straighten up. They'd already been on the rink for three hours, and they couldn't imagine how long this coach would keep them.

"Yeah, ladies." Julie mocked. She was dressed in her normal hockey attire, apart from the goalie pads and helmet.

Coach Moore had suggested that she should try playing forward for this session. He thought that her cat-like sequence would help with strategic ways of scoring.

Reluctantly, she agreed.

  The blonde turned to Adam, a confused look etched onto her features. "But seriously Banks, what's up? I've scored way more goals than you today, and I never thought that would be possible."

"It's my damn skates." Adam sighed. "I seriously don't know what's up with them though-"

Just then, Pierce LaBlanc skated up beside the group. He'd grown curious on why the were standing in the middle of the rink while an all-around drill was going on.