she's on her way

• —————— ᯽—————— •

chapter eighteen: she's on her way

a/n:

i was gone for a bit again...
but i'm back! this chapter is a little dry/choppy so beware. hope you all enjoy this chapter.

commenting and voting give me so much motivation! it would be greatly appreciated <3 }

• —————— ᯽—————— •

  THE LATE AFTERNOON SUN was blissful. It warmed the dorm room with a soft, lazy glow. The radio playing was a gentle buzz, most all was still and warm and languid in the room.

Though, Adam Banks would much rather be laying in a dark, dreary room. It would be a much better fit, mood wise, to help cope with his thoughts.

He couldn't figure out what that kiss meant.

She wanted to wait, and he respected that, but last night might've changed things.

A ray of sunlight shown through the window, striking across his face. He closed his eyes and sighed, soaking up the warmth it brought as he repositioned himself on his bed.

Hopefully he could figure all of this out soon.

Guy walked into the room with just a towel around his waist. His hair was damp, and beads of water still dribbled down his body.

"Sup'." The boy hummed. He walked toward his dresser and opened the top drawer. "Ready for tonight?"

"Sure," Adam replied softly.

Truth was, he wasn't ready.

How could he go to a party and be expected to have fun when this was on his mind? It would throw him off the whole night. He might as well stay back.

But he couldn't do that. Charlie was expecting him, and he couldn't let him down again.

"You don't sound too sure."

Adam sat up from his bed. "I'm not."

Guy slipped a t-shirt over his head. He straightened the fabric out by tugging at the hem. "Why?"

When the boy didn't respond Guy sighed deeply. He rested his arm ontop of the dresser. "Did something happen last night?" He asked.

Adam visibly perked up. His eyes widened.

What did he know about last night? Adam hasn't told him yet, and honestly didn't intend to.

How could he know? Did he happen to walk in on them and he just didn't see?

"Adam?"

Guy snapped the blonde out of his thoughts. A worried expression was displayed on his face.

"Are you sure you're alright?"

Adam nodded slightly and swallowed. He stood up, rubbing his slightly sweaty hands on the front of his basketball shorts.

"Yeah," he rasped, "M'good. Just tired."