trapped

• —————— ᯽—————— •

chapter twelve: trapped

{a/n:

this was mostly a filler chapter. i promise you, things are starting to get good. all the fun stuff is coming next chapter ;)

i hope you guys enjoy!! }
• —————— ᯽—————— •

   THE MOMENT WAS OVER between them as quickly as it started. Vera had suddenly glanced down at her watch, brows furrowing in as she realized the time.

With a sigh she reached down and grasped on her her backpack, propping it on her lap. "Sorry," Her eyes flew up toward the blonde for a moment. "I have to go"

Adam's expression faultered a bit, but not enough for the girl to notice. "Why?" He watched as she got up from the chair. "Where are you heading?"

"Hayden's." She replied, stuffing some pencils and a notebook in her bag. "He needed help with some school paper."

The blonde's stomach twisted as soon as that name fell from her lips. He didn't want to admit it, but a small flame of jealousy ignited somewhere in him.

Adam mimicked the girl, getting up as well. "Let me walk you."

Vera paused. Her eyes gazed up at the blonde; brows raised slightly. "You sure that's a good idea? He hates you."

"Pffft- I know." He replied, leaning against the table with the palms of his hands. "But it's not like he's gonna try to kill me or something."

The girl sighed. "It would be better for you to stay back. He'll be in a shitty mood the whole time i'm there if he even catches a glimpse of us together."

Adam found that quite dramatic.

A small, quick sigh fell from his lips. He stepped back from the table, grabbing the bag that held his mended skates. "Alright, fine."

Vera smiled.

As both of the teenagers turned to leave, the boy stopped. "Hey," he began suddenly, earning the brunette's attention. "would you maybe wanna go hang out somewhere tonight?"

The girl nodded, licking her lips. "Okay. Yeah- I can tell Julie and Guy to meet us-"

"No," Adam spoke, cutting her off.

She looked at him confused.

"No, uh, I mean just you and me." The words spilling from his mouth were hushed and timid. His arms had folded together, and he was trying to avoid staring into her beautiful green eyes.

Vera felt the corner of her lip turn up as she nervously scratched the back of her neck. "Yeah," she nodded, "it's a date."

Adam couldn't read the sarcasm of, 'it's a date' in her voice. His eyes widened slightly as he watched her stride away.

   MAYBE IT WAS JUST IN THE MOMENT, but he surly was regretting it now. Adam found himself lying face down on his freshly made bed, huffing into his pillow as Guy watched him- confused with what was going on with his friend.