please.

• —————— ᯽—————— •

chapter twenty-seven: please.

{a/n:

commenting and voting are greatly appreciated!

warning- slightly steamy

enjoy!}

• —————— ᯽—————— •

ADAM NEEDED TO GET all of the anger out of his system quickly or else he'd blow up. Whether his next victim was a punching bag or the wall beside him, he needed to make up his mind now so he could beat the absolute shit out of it.

His only other options were either to go scream and cry in his dorm, lash out on his friends just to yell at somebody, or to drive all the way home and have a nice conversation with his mother over a cup of tea. (She always knew how to calm him down.)

But, he couldn't wait for any of that. So many thoughts and big feelings were swarming around in his mind at once. He needed to do something now.

Adam ran an anxious hand through his hair, which was still a bit damp from his shower, and began to pace before the rows of lockers. His breathing drew heavier and the tears welling up in his eyes didn't stop until they started to roll down his flushed cheeks. He shook his head while furrowing his brows, accompanied by clenched teeth.

Finally after a moment, he snapped.

The boy quickly drew back his clenched fist and slammed it against a locker, allowing a yell to fall past his lips. A stinging pain shot throughout his hand as he made contact with the metal, already feeling a bruise swelling up on his knuckles.

But he didn't care. He hit it again.

And again.

And again until a large dent was visible against the surface. The sunken metal was deformed, and the edging on the creases were starting to loose its color.

Honestly, Adam was impressed with himself, but it didn't take out any of the rage. In fact, it only seemed to make his heart spaz up even more.

He cradled his head in his hands, clawing at his hair roughly as he faced away from the damaged locker. He leant back on it, allowing his gaze to fall to the floor.

While he was thinking of what his next move would be, the door clicked open and someone peaked their head inside the room. The boy lifted his head up immediately and took his hands out of his hair.

"Adam?" A soft voice squeaked. "Is that you in there?"

He swallowed down hard, straightening his posture as Vera revealed herself from behind a row of lockers. She looked exhausted. Her hair was thrown up into a messy ponytail, face was flushed from the breeze of the ice arena— the redness also showing a glint of... anger? What could she be so upset about?

Her perplexed features softened as she saw him. "Is everything okay? I heard you yelling."

Adam couldn't think straight. His whole mind had gone to fog, which is why he couldn't remember the moment he stormed up to her. His actions seemed to have a mind of their own, as if they knew a way to relieve all his frustrations with one simple thing.