'i really need him right now.'

• —————— ᯽—————— •

chapter thirty-five: 'i really need him right now.'

{a/n: commenting and voting are greatly appreciated!

enjoy :) }

• —————— ᯽—————— •

CHER NERVOUSLY ENTERS the opulent family living room, her heart pounding in her chest. Her father was sitting in his favorite armchair with his face wearing a stern expression. She knew this conversation was going to be a drag.

"Hey, Dad," the blonde, trying to sound casual as she took a seat on the couch across from him.

Her dad shot her a disapproving look as he folded up his newspaper. "Cher, we need to talk." he began, his voice all stern and annoying. "I'm pretty sure you know what this is about."

Cher crossed her arms and huffed. Of course she did.

That stupid boy couldn't help but tattle, and now she was going to pay the price.

Fallon adjusts himself in his chair with a heavy sigh before continuing. "Cher, I've made the difficult decision to demote you from your position on the team. What you did to that poor boy was absolutely unacceptable."

Her eyes narrow, and she fights back the tears threatening to spill.  She couldn't believe her own father was doing this to her. She had worked so damn hard to prove herself -- hockey was a part of her identity. Now it was all being taken away.

"Are you serious!?" She wants to scream, but her voice only drops out of pure frustration. "I didn't mean for things to end up that way! It was a stupid mistake! Can't you just cut me some slack?"

"You're old enough to live up to your consequences." His face remained firm and unfazed when her voice began to crack. "I understand that you didn't intend for things to go wrong, but I need to maintain the integrity of the teams and ensure a fair and supportive environment for everyone. It's a risk to have you screwing around."

Cher's anger flared, and she couldn't hold in her emotions anymore. Standing up, she shouted, "So, you're kicking me off the team completely? All of that work I put in -- just down the drain?"

He ignored her attitude. "You'll only be allowed on campus when visiting your tutors or for private training, otherwise I expect you to stay off the academy grounds. Everything needs to be out of your dorm by tomorrow evening."

"This is fucking ridiculous!"

THE SOUND OF ADAM drumming his pencil rhythmically against the edge of the desk is driving Julie insane. Her hands are clamped into her dark blonde hair, trying her best to zone the sound out without asking him to.

This was the first time in four days that Adam Banks seemed somewhat content with himself. She wanted —no— needed him to stay that way.

He decided to cool it with the 'fuck it' personality after basically humiliating himself in front of Vera.

As usual, the blonde spent the last 96 hours beating himself up over running his mouth — again.