sweetest tourture

• —————— ᯽—————— •

chapter thirty-three: sweetest tourture

{a/n:

voting and commenting are highly appreciated!! thanks for all the support:) }

• —————— ᯽—————— •

"I JUST DON'T GET WHAT YOU SAW IN HIM, Y'KNOW?" Vera fights back to urge to roll her eyes at the continuation of Hayden's degrading. She twirls her straw around in her drink, chin resting on her palm.

"I knew that he was an absolute douche from the start." He sounds oddly proud stating that. "You could easily tell just by looking at him. All those preppy rich kids are the same."

"Mhm..." Vera hums back a response, but something in her tone seems to perk Hayden up.

His face scrunches. "Are you even listening?"

"Yeah." She answers softly and leans back in her seat, letting go of the straw. "It's just..., I don't really want to talk about him right now."

Hayden holds back a grin while he takes a bite from his scone. "Understandable." He mumbles, crumbs falling from the corners of his mouth.

The girl sighs and brings her gaze to the front of the Westbrook cafe. She'd found herself incessantly glancing over ever since the they'd gotten here. It wasn't like she was expecting him to walk in or anything, but there was a part of her that wished he would.

But, the stars seemed to have aligned and fate was on her side in that moment. Vera blinked a couple times, just in case it was her mind playing tricks.

Adam was there, standing in the doorway with a look of distress. He was still in his pajamas.

"Oh no," She mumbled.

Hayden's eyebrows knitted together. He glances up at her, confused. "Hm? What?"

Adam carefully scanned the cafe, letting his eyes graze over every single inch until he finally saw her. Relief visibly washed over his face, and she saw a sigh fall from his lips.

"You've gotta be kidding."

Goosebumps traveled up and down her arms when Adam approached them, his body lingering next to hers. She could hear his steady, but nervous breathing from above her. It was heavy -- as if he'd just been running.

"Can I talk to you?"

The words came out as more of a whisper, and Adam cursed himself for sounding so anxious. His eyes flickered to Hayden momentarily, "Alone?"

Though, the girl didn't have any time to speak as Hayden stepped in, shutting him out. His voice was firm, his words laced with conviction. "I don't think that's a good idea, Banksy."

"This doesn't concern you," Adam spoke after an irked sigh, turning towards him, "so please stay out of it."

Hayden's gaze was unwavering, yet there was a glint of amusement in his eyes. "Tough guy, yeah? Listen buddy, Vera doesn't want anything to do with you. She just told me herself so if you could kindly take the hint and piss off, that would be greatly appreciated."