looking at you

• —————— ᯽—————— •

chapter thirteen: looking at you

{a/n:

the buildup is starting. hope you guys enjoy! }

• —————— ᯽—————— •

CHER STUCK HER HEAD out from the creak that was made in between the control room door and the wall. She slightly glanced both ways, making sure she was in the clear before stepping out into the hallway.

Taking a few strides forward, she turned to the boy whom was behind her. "We're good." She whispers, "No one is here."

Hayden followed out behind her. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" He questioned. "What if she like- freezes to death?"

The blonde scoffed as she pushed her way through the arena's main office. "Don't worry. I'll let her out in another hour or so." Cher turned her head, resting her chin in her should as she looked up at him.

"She'll be fine."

Cher only knew one person who was close to Vera; Hayden O'Levitt.

And when she learned from Taniya that he had a major crush on her, it really helped construct her operation. Sure, using his attraction to her for her plan was manipulative and wicked, but Cher didn't care, not one bit.

"Are you sure?" He asks then, his tone full of worry. "I don't know. I really don't-"

Before he could finish, Cher had swung her body around in a swift movement, now facing him. She smirked up at him slightly, reaching out and running her fingers against his jaw. "Thank you, again, for helping me out with this."

Her whispers immediately made the boy fall silent. A blush crawled up his neck and flooded onto his cheeks.

"I really appreciate it, Hayden." Her tone is soft, and somewhat has a rasp. The blonde wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into an embrace. "Truly,"

It was like Hayden was suddenly paralyzed. Her sweet scent invaded is senses, and at the moment, that's all he wanted to smell.  It took him a second to re-control his body, then, he hugged her back.

"Yeah," he mumbled, "no problem."

The two parted ways after an exchanged $40 and a quick peck to her cheek.

The blonde wore a mischievous, jutting grin as she pushed past the practice arena's entrance doors. She was met with the cool Minnesota evening breeze, making her intake a breath of the fresh air.

Heels clicked across the smooth surface of the concrete, the same smile shadowed on her lips as she cut through the academy's garden.

Cher's mind wandered back to the events that had just occurred, and she found herself laughing. Never once did she ever think about using her father's keys and locking someone in a cold, dark arena.

It was cruel, she knew that, but in her mind, Vera deserved it.

The girl stopped in front of garden fountain. She smiled admiringly, watching as the water bloomed off the top and pooled down into the pit. She closed her eyes briefly, soaking in the sound.