Ch. 4

The Lost Dixon

The Lost Dixon

Chapter 4: Secrets, Secrets...Secrets

Reece's Point of View:
Andrea and I stood in our room, packing our things. Andrea took her sweet ass time, I frantically packed incase the Governor sent someone or himself showed up to try and talk us out of it.

"If we leave soon, we'll get a few hours on the road before dusk." I say to Andrea.

"Where are we headin?" She asks.

"I'm thinking the coast. If we can't find your people, maybe that'll be our best bet. We have the water completely on one side, maybe we find a boat. Best thing we can do is find an island." I say.

"And if the coast isn't safe?" She asks.

"Keep moving." I say. Andrea stops packing.

"Lets say the coast is safe. Then what do we do? Grow old, live off the sea...by ourselves?" She asks.

"I'd rather take my chances out there than stay here." I say.

"Because your gut tells you there's something off about this place, about the Governor?" Andrea says. I stopped packing and sigh in frustration.

"It's kept us alive this long." I say, referring to the both of us always trusting in our guts.

"That's true." She says. She quickly packs her bag and places it next to the door. She turns to me, sighing. "I'll be back. I'm gonna go thank him for everything." She says. I frown at her words. "Hey, don't give me that look. At least let me do this before we go." She says and walks out of the room. I finished packing and tossed it next to the door. There's a party going on later today. With the Governor being distracted with that, I took that chance to go and look for my things.

I stepped out of our home and walked over to the Governors apartment. I stepped inside the building, looking for the special door he's got. I easily grab the handle, and pulled a Bobby pin from my hair. I made sure it was locked, once I enter and leave his place, I better make sure it's locked or he'll figure something out. I fall to my knees and picked at the lock. I was wondering if I would've lost my touch with this skill I've got. To my surprise, the door unlocks on the first try. I push the door open and stepped inside. I walk through his apartment, searching for my bow, quiver and knife. So far, I don't see anything.

My eyes spotted a large glass casing. I walk over to it quickly and slide the door open, picking up my black, metal heavy bow, my quiver with metal black arrows and finally my knife. I let out a sigh of relief, feeling myself become grounded once again. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of having my things with me again.

I finally shut the casing and turn away, spotting a picture frame of the Governor with a blonde headed woman and a brunette little girl. I walk over to the desk and searched around. Maybe I can steal something that'll be useful to me. I spotted a black leather notebook. I pull it to my body and opened up the book. I flipped through the pages, finding nothing but notes and I guess plans for Woodbury and it's future. The next page, it was a list of names. Not just names at random...but they're all female names. The last name was underlined and traced over a couple times.