Ch. 76

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 76- Silent Grudge

Reece's Point of View:

I raced down the road, seeing Alexandria just ahead of me. Stripes runs faster and we make it to the gates. The gate's don't open and I pull back on Stripe's lead. He neighs out loudly and jumps up.

"Open the gate!" I shout. 

"Reece." Rosita calls. She gets the gates to open up as she climbs down the guard post. Once the gate was wide enough, I kicked at Stripes sides and runs right inside.

"Reece!" Rosita shouts. I rush through Alexandia, making my way to the cell. I easily spotted Diane standing just in front of the building. I pull back on Stripes and he comes to a stop. I jump off the saddle and make my way over to Diane.

"Where is she?" I ask.

"She's down there." She says. I take a step to the side to move around her, but Diane steps in front of me.

"She's doing what she's supposed to. Let her." She says.

"Diane, I like you. You know I do. But I swear to God, if you don't move out of my way, I will hurt you. Not enough, because we're friends. But enough to get you out of my way." Diane looks down and steps to the side. I quickly walk passed her and make my way to the stairs. There, at the bottom, right at the door, Michonne and Maggie stood there.

"Maggie. Don't do this." I huff out. She glances over her shoulder and glares at me. "Look, I know what you're doing is reason enough. But now isn't the time. I'm on your side, but something could go wrong. Something can go wrong. This...Doing this could start a war with the Saviors." 

"I don't care." She shakes her head.

"It's not going to make you feel better. It won't." I shake my head. She turns away from Michonne and walks up the stairs.

"You haven't lost the person you love most. You don't know how much that messes up a person. I don't wish it upon you because I like Jesus, but I want you to know what it feels like to lose somebody you love. I want you to know how it feels like. You don't know how it feels. And if it weren't for you, maybe he'd still be here. So don't tell me what I'm doing is a mistake. You don't know. Back off." I held a stare with her, feeling like my world was suddenly crushed. I was trying my hardest to take it personal, as she's angry, as she's pretty much set to kill Negan. How would she forgive not not blame Daryl for his death, but blames me? Sure, yeah, Daryl might've punched Negan, but I was pointed a gun at him. We don't know which one set Negan off. It could've been the punch, it could've been the gun. 

"Negan should've died under that tree." Maggie tells Michonne. 

"But he didn't die, Maggie." Michonne says. "It's done."

"Because Rick decided it was?" Maggie asks. She steps closer to Michonne.

"Step...back." She says softly.

"You were there, Michonne." Maggie frowns. "You saw what Negan did."

"You think Glenn would want this?" Michonne asks. "For you to go through me to get to him?"

"I dunno what he'd want." Maggie shakes her head. "I dunno, because I never got to say goodbye."

"He wouldn't want this, Maggie." Michonne says. "Your father wouldn't want this. You know this."

"The only thing I had, the one thing I had was knowing I was gonna see Glenn's murderer die, and you took it from me." Maggie growls. 

"So takin' it back, what the hell is that gonna do?" Michonne questions.