Ch. 10

The Lost Dixon

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 10: Pointing Fingers

Reece's Point of View:
Gunshots fill the air, more than just one that killed Axel. I turn my head and see the Governor himself firing his gun. The bus gives off sparks from the bullets ricocheting. I pull back and took cover. I was lucky enough that Glenn had given me a gun, for when I was on lookout. He almost didn't at first, claims that he didn't know if he could trust me or not, but here we are. I'm glad he did. I wouldn't have been able to defend myself, or try and kill the Governor.

I lean around the bus and fired some shots. None of my bullets hit him. The gunfire finally comes to a stop. It's quiet. Except for the faint sound of an engine roaring off in the distance. The engine grows louder and I turn over to the main gate. I see a red and white commercial truck breaking through the fences, breaking them down completely. The truck speeds by and drives off into the middle of the field. It comes to a stop, but nobody gets out for a moment. Two explosives break off the large cage door from the back of the truck and it falls to the ground, creating a ramp. Seconds later, walkers come piling out from the back.

"Oh, shit." I huff out. I force myself up on my knees and I see the driver jump out with nothing but a helmet and a bullet proof vest on. He runs towards me and I pick up my gun to shoot him. He picks up his arm and fired his pistol at me. I drop to the ground, hiding within the tall grass. The gunshots flying my way comes to a stop and I took that moment to look up. The driver and I fire our guns at the same time. The driver drops to the ground and I drop my gun. I let out a sigh and look down at my hip, seeing blood already running down my left thigh.

I pick up my head and see some walkers heading for Hershel. I let out a grunt and forced myself up on my feet and running right for Hershel. I killed the ones as I ran for him. A gray pickup truck passes by me and Glenn climbs out, reaching Hershel and helping him. I quickly make it to Hershel's side and we help him into the truck. Glenn runs off to the drivers side while I jumped in the backseat. Glenn puts the truck in driver and he steps on the gas. We drive through the fence and Glenn stops the truck. We all finally get out and run to the gate, Carl and Beth already closing it and securing it.

Everyone piles into the cell block. Rick made it back inside, along with Daryl and Merle. Merle was locked on the outside where the dining area was. I was lucky that I was only grazed by the driver who shot at me. It wasn't too bad, I needed stitches. But I was going to be okay.

As we all gathered in the cell block, Glenn immediately called that we stay here, fight the Governor for the next attack. Prepare ourselves, get ourselves ready. Hershel said differently.

"We're not leaving." Rick growls.

"We can't stay here." Hershel argues.

"What if there's another sniper?" Maggie asks. "A wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds."