Ch. 75

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 75- Heads Up!

Reece's Point of View:

After a long night from searching for Arat, Jerry and I returned back to the camp and parted ways. Rick and Carol were back, informed me that they hadn't found Arat. Jerry doesn't know about Oceanside and their killing spree. I never told him. I never told Rick and Carol either. Cyndie's the leader of Oceanside now- being that Natania, her grandmother, was killed by Enid, it was bound that Cyndie would take over. I know this had to be Cyndie's idea- to take out the Saviors. She knows that I know. Now, I'm going to let her own up to telling Rick herself. 

The gates to Hilltop open up for me. I walk through the doors, holding onto Kas's lead. Adrial remained at the bridge. He's doing great, doing okay there. I tried talking my way into getting him to come back with me, but he was willing to stay, more like wanting to. I know I'm his mother and all, but the kid is 17 years old. He's old enough to make the right decisions, I trust. I'm not going to smother him and order him to come back home with me.

Paul jogs his way over to me and he takes Kas's lead from my hand. He shows me a smile when he noticed Adrial wasn't with me.

"Didn't work, did it?" He asks. I scrunch up my nose and shook my head.

"No." I huff out. "He wanted to stay and work on the bridge." I say. Paul chuckles and nods his head.

"He's good like that." 

"He is." I nodded. 

"Go on, I'll put Kas up." He says. He pulls away and takes Kas to the horse stables. I walk off to the trailer, getting inside, kicking my shoes off and gathering clothes for a quick shower. Once I had returned back the trailer, I crawled into bed and laid myself down. 

>>>>>

I roll onto my back, lifting my hand up to reach for Paul. When I felt something other than his warm body, I lift my head up off the pillow. He's gone. Must've had something planned for this morning or something. 

The trailer door opens up and I turn my head to see Paul walking through the door. He shuts the door slowly and turns towards me. He held a look on his face. I furrow my brows and pull myself out of bed.

"What is it? Who died?" I ask him. He walks over to the table and grabs a chair. He places it down on the floor in front of me and sits down. "Paul?" I call. 

"Maggie's going to Alexandria." He says. I couldn't help but smile. She's finally going there to see Rick and Michonne, to see everything they've built together. But the look on Paul's face said otherwise. Maggie wouldn't step 500 feet near the gates of Alexandria, because of Negan being locked up in there. But the silence of Paul, it's telling me Maggie is going to Alexandria because of Negan.

"When did she leave?" I question.

"Fifteen minutes ago." He answers. I pull the covers from my body and quickly hopped out of bed. I rush over to the walkie sitting on the table and turn it on.

"Maggie, if you're listening...let's talk." Rick says. I drop the walkie and turn to Paul. I quickly change into a pair of jeans, a black shirt and a black jacket. I laced up my boots and grab my bow and quiver. I storm out of the trailer and walk towards the horse stables.

"Where the hell is Kas?" I question. Ellis turns back and looks to me. 

"Maggie and Diane took off with him." She informs.

"Reece." I turn my head and see Paul jogging towards me. "Look, maybe it's for the better she's doing this. I know you look up to Rick and I know you also agreed what he did...it wasn't the right call. But...I think you should let her." He says.