Ch. 8

The Lost Dixon

The Lost Dixon

Chapter 8: The Things You'd Do For Love

Reece's Point of View:
Rick, Daryl, the woman, who's name I have yet to know, and Glenn all huddled a little ways down from the car. I remained at the car, waiting for the next move. Merle was in the woods, minding his own business. Whatever the outcome is, I hope Rick doesn't decide to kill me. I don't believe he'd do such a thing, but who even knows. I'm thinking, if he wanted me dead already, he would've done it.

They all suddenly turn their heads and glance at me. My head perks up at the sight and I wondered if they wanted me over to them. I waited for Rick to say something, maybe even motion for me to walk over there. Instead, everybody just turns back to each other, ignoring me. God, I can't stand it when people do that shit. Honestly, say whatever it is you think about me, say it to my goddamn face!

Seconds later, Daryl and Rick make their way over to the car. Daryl turns his head and locks eyes with me. My cheeks blush at him. Why was he staring at me? What did I do? Not like I did him wrong with anything. Not that I think I did anything wrong.

Daryl walks to the trunk of the car and begins to gather his things. Rick tried talking him out of whatever Daryl was doing. But Daryl simply turns away and joins Merle, who held a smile on his face. Rick pulls his rifle from his shoulder and tosses it in the car. The woman hands him her gun and he does the same. I turn my head away and see Glenn and the woman climbing in the car. I didn't move, I wasn't sure what the hell I was supposed to do. Am I supposed to get in? Am I suppose to start walking? All my belongings are still at the prison. Surely, they wouldn't leave me stranded here with nothing. Without my bag.

I grew surprised when I felt a rough hand on my right bicep. I quickly turn my head and see Rick staring me in the eyes.

"We patch you up and then you are gone." He growls. He throws my arm back to me and I watch him climb into the drivers side of the car. My heart pounded against my chest. The way Rick grabbed my arm like that only gave me a horrible flashback memory. I haven't been grabbed like that in so long. I finally move my feet and get into the backseat of the car. Rick starts the engine and quickly makes a u-turn in the road and speeds off.

We made it back to the prison just before nightfall. Rick stops the car at the front gate while one prisoner shuts it behind us, locking the walkers outside. Rick quickly climbs out of the car and he greets Carl with a hug. I noticed a woman with short hair approaches the car and she looks inside. Glenn climbs into the drivers side and he drives it to the courtyard of the prison. He finally shuts the engine off and we all climbed out.

I held my hand against the car, trying to keep myself standing. My body ached from the pain. I know it's going to be a bitch walking once I'm patched up. Even though, all I really wanna do right now, in this moment, is to lay down and close my eyes. I guess as soon as I'm patched up, I'd better hurry and find or make myself shelter. I can sleep out there next to a fire. Unless...a fire wouldn't be the smart thing. The Governor could send people out and try to kill me in my sleep. The fire would simply give my hiding spot away. I feel like I haven't slept or ate and drank anything in days. I'm so exhausted, it's giving me a headache. Well, the Governor technically caused my headache.