Ch. 68

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 68- To Forgive...Or To Kill

Reece's Point of View:

Rick and Michonne finally made it down to the sewers with us. Rick looks around at all of us as he made his way down the aisle of people. I remained next to Daryl, watching Judith with him. Adrial sat next to me, Rosita sitting across from me. It was like everyone was holding a moment of silence for the loss of Alexandria, and Carl, tonight. I stared down at the floor, thinking back to the moment of sitting in the room with Chooli.

"Know thy enemy." I utter. 

"What?" Adrial asks me softly. I turn my head and look at him. 

"It's what your grandmother told me before she died." I tell him. "I didn't get it then, but..." I inhaled deeply, turning to Carl and listened to the explosives above us. "I get it now." 

Rick and Michonne made it to Carl's side. He eventually revealed the bite mark to them. And I've never seen Rick look so broken before. It was like watching him physically break right before me.

A loud explosion fills the tunnels and debris falls over on everybody. Carl begins coughing hard as Rick throws himself over Carl to block him from the dirt and dust from the vibrations of the explosions.

"Water. Get him some water." Michonne demands. Daryl hands Michonne a bottle and she hands it to Rick. Rick serves the bottle to Carl and his coughs come to a stop. I look up at Daryl, who held Judith in his arms tightly. 

"Make it stop." I turn my head and see Michonne passing by us, heading for Dwight. She grabs him by the shoulders and slams him against the wall. "Make them stop." She demands.

"I can't." Dwight answers. 

"You can." Michonne nods. "You're one of them. They'll listen to you. Please." Rosita stands up and walks over to Michonne. She grabs her by the shoulder, Michonne slowly backs off. Rosita turns to Dwight. 

"You said that Hilltop's safe, right?" She asks.

"Yeah." Dwight nods.

"We need to get everybody there." Rosita says. I pull myself up on my feet. I held my and out for Arial to remain sitting. I walk over to Rosita's side, nodding my head. 

"We can get Carl there." I tell Michonne.

"And they think all of you got away in the woods." Dwight says. "They're out there, looking."

"They saw us go West, so we won't go West." Rosita says.

"Your best chance is to stay here until they're gone." Dwight says.

"No." Daryl says. "They find us here, we're dead." 

"They're almost done." Dwight lightly argues. "They gotta be. It wasn't about destroying the place. They don't have the ammo for that. After they let up, after they're gone, that's when we go." We all exchanged looks. Rosita lets out a sigh and nods.

"Okay. We wait." She says. We turn to Michonne and she nods her head. She pulls away from the group and walks back to Rick and Carl.

"You sure going to Hilltop's the best plan?" Dwight asks Rosita.

"You got a better one?" She asks him.

"All of you in one place, together..."

"All of us together..." Daryl interrupts Dwight. "We'll be they're worst damn nightmare." He says. I pull away from Rosita and walk over to Daryl. I grab his bicep and he turns to face me.