Chapter 36

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 36- Red Flare

Reece's Point of View:

The sun had gone down, we all packed our things and we hit the road. Rick, Glenn, Aaron and I rode in the car. Glenn and Rick sat up front, while I sat in the back with Aaron. The car ride is silent as we hit north 23, exactly what Rick planned.

Rick leans over over and opens the glove compartment. He pulls out a stack of car license plates, different ones from different states. I frown at the sight, wondering why there was a random stack of license plates in there.

"Oh." Aaron utters quietly. "Um, I'm trying to collect all 50 states." He explains. "Put them all on a wall in my house." I frown at his words, almost more surprised.

"You have your own house?" I ask him.

"Mmhmm." He nods. "See for yourself." He points his head to his pack. I open the front zipper, pulling out the stack of photos and looking through them. I flip over the first photo, seeing the walls he mentioned earlier. The second one is of solar panels, large ones. Whoa. So, does this mean these people have actual electricity? I turn my head and smile at Aaron. I continue on with the photos, seeing the houses. They're huge and fancy looking. They all look so...rich. The more I flipped through, the more something caught my attention.

"Why don't you have any pictures of your people?" I ask him.

"Oh, I took a picture of the whole group, but I didn't get the exposure right." He explains. "When I tied to develop it later, it just-"

"Did you ask him the questions?" I ask Rick. Rick looks one this shoulder.

"No." He answers and nods his head at me. I turn to Aaron.

"How many walkers have you killed?" I ask him. Aaron frowns at my question.

"I'm sorry, what?" He asks.

"How many?" I ask him again.

"I don't know. A lot." Aaron answers.

"How many people?" I ask him.

"Two." He says. I tilt my head to the side.

"Why?" I question.

"Because they tried to kill me." He answers, his eyes keeping with mines. I turn my head to front, seeing Rick hold up a hand-held satellite.

"You were listening to us?" Glenn questions.

"I already said I was watching you." Aaron says. "Yes, I was listening."

"It means his people could have one, too." Rick quickly says. "They could've heard us. They could've heard our plan. This isn't safe." The car suddenly slows down, Glenn hitting the breaks. We see a sea of walkers in the road, slamming into the hood of the car, blood covering the windsheiled.

"Glenn!" Rick shouts.

"They were right behind us." Glenn calls. "They would've hit us. Now they can get out." The car fills with loud bangs with every walker body Glenn ran over, the car windows covering in their blood. The sight of the road is suddenly blinded from the blood. We continue on driving blindly and listen to blows of the walkers. Until it wasn't finally silent. Glenn swerves the car and comes to a complete stop. Rick and Glenn open their doors and step out.

"I don't see 'em." Rick says.

"No, they're gone." Glenn says.

"Alright, we'll circle back and find them. Let's go." Rick demands. He and Glenn return back in the car. Glenn wipes down the windshield, clearing as much blood as he could.