Ch. 58

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 58- 'Walking Ball Sack'

Reece's Point of View:

"No! Hell, no! That was not the deal!" Gregory shouts. 

We all gathered in his study to talk about getting the Hilltop Colony to join Alexandria in taking down Negan and the Saviors. And well...things aren't going as planned.

"You people swore you could take the Saviors out, and you failed." Gregory continues. "So any arrangement we had is now done- null and void. We aren't trade partners, we aren't friends, we never met. Hmm? We don't know each other. I owe you nothing. In fact, you owe me for taking in the refugees, at great personal risk." I let out a snort.

"Oh, you were very brave staying in here while Maggie, Sasha and Reece saved this place." Paul nods. "You're courage was inspiring."

"Hey, don't you work for me?" Gregory asks. "Aren't we friends?"

"Gregory, we already started this." Rick steps in.

"You started it." Gregory argues.

"We did." Rick corrects. "And we're gonna win."

"These are killers." Gregory frowns. 

"Is that how you wanna live?" Rick questions. "Under their thumbs, killing your people?"

"S-Sometimes we don' get to choose what our life looks like." Gregory shrugs. "Sometimes, Ricky, you have to count the blessings you have."

"How many people can we spare?" Maggie questions. "How many people here can fight?"

"'We'?" Gregory scoffs at her. "I don't even know how many people we have, Margaret. And does it even matter? I mean...w-w-what are you gonna do? Start a platoon of sorghum farmers? 'Cause that's what we got. They grow things. They're not gonna wan to fight."

"You're wrong." I step up. "When people have the chance to do the right thing, they usually step up. I mean, people just-"

"Let me stop you before you break into song, okay?" Gregory stops me. "And, by the way, who would train all this cannon fodder?"

"I will." I say.

"Give me a week." Rosita says.

"Rhetorical, okay?" Greogory sings. "I don't wanna know. I never wanna hear another word about any of it, ever."

"Would we be better off without the Saviors, yes or no?" Rick roars. Gregory rolls his eyes.

"Yeah. Sure. Okay." He waves us off.

"So, what will you do to fix the problem?" Michonne asks.

"I didn't say we had a problem." Gregory states. "You did. And what happens outside of my purview is outside of my purview."

"What the hell, man?" Daryl growls. "You're either with us or you ain't. You're sitting over there talking out of both side of your mouth." Gregory stands up from his chair. 

"I-I think I've made my position very clear." He says. "And I want to thank all of you for not being here today and not having this meeting with me or-or being seen on your way out. In other words, go out the back." I let out a scoff, turning my head to Rick. He nods his head, motioning for all of us to clear out of the room. 

"Walking ball sack." Rosita growls.

"Wanna knock that idiot's teeth out." I scoff. 

"Yeah, well, we don't need him anyway." Daryl says.