Ch. 69

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 69- Three Words...

Reece's Point of View:

Daryl and I sat against a truck, Judith sitting in the grass as Daryl feeds her some food. We were finally able to rest, finally able to breathe for a bit. Last night was...a lot. Pretty traumatic, in some ways. We defeated the Saviors, yet we took a pretty hard defeat. 

"Aren't you gonna tell Jesus about him being a dad?" Daryl asks me. I turn my head and glance over to Adrial. He stood with Rosita, smiling and talking with her with a bowl of meat in his hand.

"Maggie said he went out to scavenge." I tell him. "I'd call him, but..." I lightly joke. Daryl nods his head. 

"Think he'll be happy to be a dad?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know." I say. "I mean...we've obviously had sex plenty of times-"

"Reece." Daryl grumbles.

"But we've never really considered having a kid of our own." I continue. "I mean, we know we could do it. I mean, Maggie is doing it. Other people. We haven't exactly talked about having kids. Though, I think if it were to happen, we'd be okay with it." Daryl nods his head. 

"Well, I guess that's good." He says. 

"Maybe he'll be happy, maybe he won't." I add. 

"He'll make a good dad." Daryl says. I lightly smiled at his words. "And you'll make a good mom. I can already see it. You...look at Adrial like he's already your kid. I can tell you really care for him. I wasn't ready to see you strike a mom move when you ran right back inside the house to get him, told him what to do and not to argue. You're gonna be an amazing mom, Reece." I lean over and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Congratulations, Daryl. You're an uncle." I say. 

"Hmph." He lightly chuckles. "I've been an uncle." He says. I pull my head back and smile.

"Yeah, well, it feels more official since we're blood related." I say. He chuckles at my words.

"Open gates! It's Rick!" Daryl and I pull ourselves up. I pull Judith up into my arms and held onto her. The gates open up and Rick and Michonne enter Hilltop. Maggie approaches Michonne and they give each other a hug. Rick remained standing in the back. I walk through the crowd and made my way to Rick. His eyes shift over to me and a small smile forms over his face.

"Come here, sweetheart." He says softly. He pulls Judith from my arms and holds onto the little girl. His eyes slowly close and he kisses Judith on the head. I raise my hand up and held onto his arm. Rick's eyes open and he turns to me.

"Breathe." I softly say. "She's okay. Just breathe." He lets out a breath of relief and nods his head.

"Thank you, Reece." He says.

"Of course." I shake my head. 

Three women in a van show up to Hilltop. They've left four crates and a note for Maggie. If Maggie filled the crates with records, they'd exchange us with knowledge. Maggie, Rosita, Michonne and Enid went off to meet these people outside. Then they soon returned. Maggie and Michonne were discussing whether Hilltop should make the trade or not. But Maggie accepted. Georgie, the woman of the knowledge, gave Maggie a book for our future. There are things we can use to build for Hilltop, medieval supplies and such. Georgie said she'd be gone for a while at most, but she will return. Then they left.

Daryl and Rick went out to the lookout spots, keeping an eye out for Negan and the Saviors. When we hear the horns, we'll know they're coming and we'll be able to have the time to get ready.