Ch. 14

The Lost Dixon

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 14: The Town Drunk

Reece's Point of View:
Rick, Daryl and Hershel are out meeting with the Governor. It was kind of a surprise for Rick to even agree to this, but, nonetheless, at least we'll hopefully figure out an end to this.

As the trio are out, Rick had Glenn and the rest of us sort out the guns and supplies we took from Morgan.

"Carl, come here." Glenn calls. Carl pulls away from my side and he approaches Glenn. "Stash these at the loading dock. Alright?" Carl nods and takes the magazines from Glenn's hands. "Beth, put more up on the catwalk. If anyone gets pinned down, we need to make sure that they have plenty of ammo." Glenn announces. He grabs a torch and a set of gloves and tools. "I'll go work on the cage outside." He informs.

"What we should be doin is loadin some of this firepower in a trunk and payin a visit to the Governor." Merle suddenly says. "We know where he is right now."

"You're suggesting we just go and kill him?" Glenn asks.

"Yeah, I am." Merle quickly answers. I scoff at Merle.

"We told Rick and Daryl that we'd stay put." I say, taking Glenn's side. Anything that comes out of Merle's mouth is always bullshit to me.

"I've changed my mind, sweetheart." Merle says. "Bein on the sideline with my brother out there," he shakes his head. "ain't sittin right with me."

"Three of them are right in the middle of it." Glenn says. "No idea we're coming. They could get taken hostage or killed. A thousand things could go wrong."

"And they will." Merle calls. Carl approaches behind Glenn, turning to Merle.

"My dad can take care of himself." He argues and walks away.

"Sorry, son, but your dad's head could be on a pike real soon." Merle says. Anger sparks in my chest, hearing those words. Carl literally just lost his mother not too long ago. What Rick is doing right now, it is a risk. We don't know if they're gonna return back to us or not. But it's not a terrible thing to be optimistic for ourselves.

"Don't say that to him." Maggie shakes her head. Merle shrugs his shoulders at her, as if saying, 'sorry, it's the truth.' It isn't.

"It's not the right move." Glenn says. "Not now. Can't take the risk of putting them in the crossfire. It's my decision. It's final." He walks away. I shook my head and gathered some boxes of ammo, sorting everything out.

Rick's Point of View:
I sat down in the wooden chair, staring across the table at the Governor. Andrea was in here a minute ago, giving me a map of the prison and Woodbury circled, showing which places not to cross. The Governor denied, says he didn't want the solution, and mentioned Andrea didn't have the authority to make such an offer. He threw her out. It's now just him and I.