Ch. 82

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 82- Ghosts of The Past

Reece's Point of View:

I remained at the snow covered Hilltop, remaining in Bard, as Hershel mentioned. I wasn't sure what I was doing, why I was here. But I knew that I was just simply sitting on a log. It wasn't cold. Not even a shiver from my spine. It felt fine, I felt warm. After a while, I was wondering which other dead person would come and talk to me. But nobody did. Not for a while. Not until...

"...Reece." I turn my head and look around. I spotted a woman with blonde hair standing at the gates, her back facing me. I furrow my brows and slowly stood up. I picked up my feet and began to walk over to the gate, hoping to get a look at her. 

Before I was able to get any closer, she walks away. I stopped in my tracks, watching her disappear out of Hilltop. I look around, wondering if it was smart of me to leave Hilltop right now. Was Hilltop the safe place, the...Bardo of my life? I'm saying, if I leave Hilltop, will I die for real? I mean, this right now, this is my soul. I'm wondering if I'll die if i leave. 

"Reece..." I turn my head to the voice again. I finally held my breath and stepped outside the walls of Hilltop. I look down the path and see the woman wondering off into the woods. I furrow my brows and picked up the pace, jogging to catch up to her. 

I made it a few feet into the woods before I came to a stop. I noticed that the woman had disappeared. She was completely gone. 

"Hello?" I softly call. I look around, circling myself to find any sign of the this woman. I huff out a breath and turn back towards Hilltop. I wasn't sure whether being out here was a good idea. I guess I'd better get back before anything else happens. 

I froze in my tracks at the sounds of someone slowly walking behind me. I slowly turn around and faced the person. But it wasn't just a random person. It was Andrea. 

"Reece." She softly calls me. "You shouldn't be here." She shakes her head. 

"Neither should you." I shake my head. I walk closer to her. "None of you guys should be. Hershel, Beth, Sasha, Abraham, Glenn." I say. 

"We're trying to get you out of here." She frowns. "You're not listening to us. Any of us. You have to go back."

"How?" I ask. "I mean, I don't know where I am. What this is. How do I get back there, if I don't know where I am." I shake my head.

"You're waiting on him. You can't." Andrea frowns at me. "You think I wanted to be here? I didn't have a choice. But you do. So you need to stop waiting around for him and go." She says. "Go. Get out of here. Go!" Andrea throws her hands out and slams me on my chest. I lose my balance and fall back. Before I could hit the show, I found myself standing in the infirmary again. I breathed deeply, looking around. It's empty and quiet. Nobody seemed to be around. 

"Andrea?" I call. I walk further in the infirmary and I stopped when I see her standing in front of a door. I walk over to her side and stopped by her side. I turn my head and look inside the room. Inside, I could see a body laying in the bed. It's me. I'm laying in the bed, on my back, staring up at the ceiling. My color is gone, I'm pale and it looks like I'm barely breathing. 

"Is that...me?" I ask softly, turning to look at her.

"You're slipping away, Reece." Andrea says. "Any minute now, you won't wake up. You'll die and you'll turn and then you'll attack. Is that what you want? Is that what you want for these people? For Tara, Enid, Daryl?" She asks.