CH. 66

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 66- In The Honor of The Dead

Reece's Point of View:

I held myself against the wall, dagger placed in my hand, yet hidden. I stared at the door, waiting for Adam and Ben to enter the room. I knew the moment Chooli died, I was going to fight my way out of here. I'm ready. 

My body tenses to the sound of footsteps descending down the stairs. I pull my head back, staring at the door as the locks clicked. Seconds later, the door opens. I wanted for them to approach me, but instead, Adam raises a gun and he's quick to fire it. I waited to feel pain, but again, nothing. I look at Adam and smiled, shaking my head at him.

"You missed." I say. Adam chuckles.

"I don't think so." He says. My vision suddenly grows blurry and I felt a wave of drowsiness taking over. My head slightly falls to the side. I felt something poking me and I lift my hand up. I felt a small pinch in the side of my neck and I grab onto it. I pull it out and look to see a small needle in my palm. I drop the needle and look at Adam. 

"Wh-What is it?" I question. "What the hell di-did you do to me?" I stepped forward, feeling my body become heavy. I drop my dagger as I stumbled forward, getting closer to Adam. I swung my arm out, in hopes of getting at least one good punch. Adam simply smiles and he leans in close to me. 

"Nighty night." He says. He blows air my way and my body falls back. I drop to the ground and found myself falling asleep. I turn my head and look over to Chooli's body, the blanket covering her. 

"Chooli...."

Daryl's Point of View:

Everyone remained in their position. Maggie, Tara, Jesus, Michonne, Rosita and I hid in the bushes. The Hilltop fighters surrounded the cabin. We waited and waited for the right moment to get inside and break the door down and take these sorry bitches out. 

"Now." I whisper. We all move swiftly through the bushes and trees, keeping ourselves quiet and hidden. Jesus and I stood on either side of the door, aiming our guns. Rosita walks up to the door and aims her gun at it. I made sure Maggie, Tara and Michonne were ready as well. I turn back to Rosita and nodded. She kicks down the door and we quickly move inside, firing our guns at all the Saviors we saw. 

"I'm counting fifteen." Jesus says. 

"Any sign of her?" I ask, looking around the cabin. 

"Daryl." I walk over to Rosita and see her standin by a door with a bunch of locks on it. I walk over to the door and inspected it. I grab the handle and found it to be opened. We pointed our guns down the stairs, finding it to be a basement. There's a light on, it's quiet. 

"Reece!" I call. No answer. 

"If you're a Savior, make yourself known or we will kill you." Maggie demands. Again, no answer. I gave everyone a nod, and decided to move down the stairs. We wall walk down the stairs and entered the basement. There wasn't anybody here, except for a lump under a blanket. My body tenses up as I felt panic rise in my chest. 

"I got it." Rosita utters. She walks over to the lump under the blanket and lifts it up. "It's not her. It's someone else." She informs.

"Then where is Reece?" Jesus asks. I look down, trying to figure out where she could be. I know she's here. She's gotta be here somewhere. 

"Guys." Michonne calls. She holds her hand up and displays a tiny dagger.

"That's Reece's." Jesus says. He approaches Michonne and takes the dagger from her hand. "She keeps this in her boot. It's like, uh, a backup knife." He explains.