Ch. 71

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 71- Something After

Reece's Point of View:

I turn out of an alley and see a group of walkers growling around the car Rosita and I took. 

"They must've heard us pull up." I turn to Rosita. "I got it. Watch him." I walk a little ways ahead before loading an arrow and releasing it into a walker. I grab a second arrow and loaded it into the string. I pull back and aimed at the walkers head. Once it grew a little closer, I finally released. I finally place my bow over my back and pull out my knife. I walk closer to the group of walkers, going hand-to-hand with them all. I finally killed the last walker and stopped at the sudden sounds of gunshots. I turn to face Rosita and see her firing her gun. 

"Rosita." I call, running over to her. 

"That asshole threw up on me and took off." She growls. "He went through there." We run down an alley and crawled through a small crawl space. We break through the other side of the fence and find a large pile of ashes, along with skeletons lying amongst it. I look down in the ashes and see Eugene's shoe prints, running straight through the ashes.

"He couldn't have gone far." I point. "Come on." I picked up the pace and began running.

"We can't let him get back to them! If you see him, blow that pig's head off!" Rosita shouts behind me. 

Rosita and I come to a stop, huffing and puffing, catching up with our breaths. I fall over, holding onto my knees.

"What is it?" Rosita asks me. 

"My ribs." I huff out. "The night of the attack, some asshole kicked me in my ribs a couple times. Don't think it's fully healed." I let out a wheeze and shook my head. 

"We should get back to Hilltop. Sun will be down soon." She says. "That asshole got away." I pull myself up and nodded my head. 

"If he's smart, he won't show up to any other attack." I say. 

"Why's that?" Rosita asks.

"If I see that son of a bitch, I'm gonna blow his brains out." 

>>>>>

Everyone quietly move through the woods. We all had our weapons out ready to fire. Gregory showed up to Hilltop while Rosita and I were off getting Eugene. Dwight sent Gregory back with a map and note, stating tomorrow Negan was going for another attack. We've got the coordinates of where he and the Saviors well be. That's when we end it all. 

Rosita and I fall to our knees, looking through the binoculars. We could see a group of Saviors in the road, standing around a few trucks. We could see them hauling a few walkers, probably to create a roadblock for us. Little do they know, we're in the woods, ready to end their asses.

We all move a bit closer and raised our weapons. Carol holds her hand up and counts down from five. As soon as that last finger went down, everyone fires a shot. All the Saviors drop down to the ground. We all quickly moved out of the woods and inspect the Saviors vehicles.

"Morgan?" I turn my head and find Paul arising his hand up and grabbing onto Morgan's shoulder. "Are you with us?" Morgan pulls back into reality and he quickly turns away. I furrow my brows at the weird act, weird act as in Morgan. Before we left, he attacked Henry. Morgan had thought Alden and the other Saviors were coming to kill us all. He doesn't seem okay to me-at all.

"He knows." Paul utters quietly. I furrow my brows at him.

"What?" I ask.

"A while back, Morgan and I got into it." He begins. "We, uh, we really fought. He almost killed me. All is forgiven, you know, but...he's not okay. Mentally, he isn't okay. He knows that, and I can tell he's trying. Just wish I can do something to help." I pull my eyes to Morgan, wondering what it could be that's causing him not to be okay.