Ch. 9

The Lost Dixon

The Lost Dixon

Chapter 9: The First Introduction

Reece's Point of View:
I stood outside the prison, holding a water bottle in my hand. I enjoyed the fresh air, the warm sunlight, the light breeze blowing. It was weird feeling this right now. It's not like I've been locked up in a cell. I've only been asleep for about a day. I guess that's what it must feel like sleeping for so long.

I walked myself down the gravel path and out into the field. I noticed the turned over bus by the front gates and pulled the back door open. It laid against the ground, creating a ramp. I climbed up on it and sat down, leaning against the side. I enjoyed the piece and quiet for a little longer before hearing somebody quickly passing by. I open my eyes and see Rick walking out further into the field. I didn't think much of his presence. Although, Glenn did say he wasn't in the best mental state right now.

I become high alarmed when Rick suddenly began running towards me. I noticed him glancing glancing him several times, he must've saw something. I turn my eyes outside of the fences, trying to pinpoint what exactly he was looking at. There were hardly any walkers. I couldn't see any living being in the tree lines. There isn't anything out there. I frown as I turn my head back and see Rick running in between the fences before he stops at a specific spot and climbs through the fence. He slowly walks closer to the tree line, but soon comes to a stop. I squinted my eyes a little harder, realizing he was holding his hand up. I could be imagining things, maybe a little freaked out and on edge from seeing the way Rick ran towards me, but the way he was holding his hand up....it was like he was caressing somebody. Not too long ago, his wife did die here from what I heard. She died giving birth to their second child. Maybe her spirit is haunting him. Poor, Rick.

I stepped back inside the prison for some cool air. The later the day goes, the hotter it gets. I walked down the stairs and see Glenn looking up at me.

"How you feeling?" He asks me. I shrug at his question.

"Fine. Why?" I ask.

"Don't wonder too far. I could use you." He says. Carl walks over to Glenn and the two boys fall to ther knees on the floor. Glenn used a piece of chalk to lay out a plan. I had a feeling he was preparing to make an attack on the Governor.

"Now, you said you found Tyree's group here?" Glenn asks Carl.

"Right." He nods.

"We secured this." Glenn says. Okay, better than an attack. I guess fixing things up? Maybe to keep the Governor from sneaking inside, barricading all easy access opened spots.

"He thought he came through here." Carl points. Glenn created boxes with lines connecting to each other. I guess each box represents a room, and the lines represent the hallways.

"Means there another breach." Glenn utters. He lets out a sigh and wipes at his face. "Okay. The whole front of the prison is unsecure. If walkers just strolled in, then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men."