Ch. 11

The Lost Dixon

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 11: Warning Signs

Reece's Point of View:
Rick handed Andrea a bag and a set of keys to the car he was sending her away with. Not that Andrea wanted to stay, she really left on her own. Everyone who stood around and watched gave her a hug. Before she climbed in the car, she turns her head and looks at me. A saddened look on her face, along with betrayal, disappointment. Whatever. She chose the Governor over me. I usually try not to let small thins like that bother me. I've been let down by so many people in my life, before and after. So, it's really not much of a surprise that her name is added to the list.

The sun had fallen and moon risen. Everyone gathered in the cellblock. There was a single lit lantern on the floor with Beth and Hershel sitting in front of it. Maggie and Glenn sat on the stairs holding onto each other. Rick held Judith in his arms. Carl sat just a little ways before me. Daryl stood next to Rick and Merle stood off in the corner. I stood at the top of the stairs, simply just watching everyone, kinda waiting for people to start walking away to head to sleep. I didn't exactly wanna be the first person to move. Mostly because my anxiety just knows the second I move, everyone would stare at me. My heart beat will start thumping, my thoughts would just scare me even. God. Anxiety is the worse. I figured living in this shit world, it would be worse. Mental health is what's worse.

I open my eyes the next morning and stretched my arms out. I lied still for a moment, staring up at the bottom of the bunk bed. I wish I had a clock so I knew what time it was. It almost felt late, but somehow, it's gotta be early.

A shadow casts by my cell and pauses, blocking the sunlight. I look down and meet eyes with Rick, who held a sleeping baby in his arms.

"Get your things together." He lightly demands. I prop myself up on my elbows.

"What time is it? Do you know?" I ask.

"A little past 9." He says. "Hurry up. Get ready." He says and disappears. I force myself out of bed and began dressing myself. I slipped on jeans, a black tank top and a light jacket. Laced up my knee high combat boots and finally grabbed my weapons. I stepped out of the cell.

I meet Rick in the dining area, some of the others are already awake and eating. I turn my head and find Rick handing me a bowl of blueberry oatmeal.

"Eat up. We got a long day ahead of us." He says. I frown at his words. What does that mean? Is he...kicking me out? Taking me somewhere safe and isolated from the Governor? What's going on?

I sat down at the table and began eating the oatmeal. I drank my water and cleaned my bowl out, rinsing it out with water and placing it back on the shelf. Rick does the same thing.

"Meet me outside in five. Grab whatever you need to grab." He says and without another word, he walks away. I'm so confused. What the hell is happening? And why won't he just tell me where we're going? Like, seriously! You're stressing me out, dude.