Ch. 17

The Lost Dixon

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 17: This Sorrowful Life

Reece's Point of View:
I stood in my room, packing up my bags. I stuffed everything into my bags and walked them out to the cars. Part of this plan, well, we know the Governor is coming. So, we have a plan. Everybody packs their shit and get the hell out of here and count our stars the Governor doesn't find us. Just kidding, Beth, Judith, Hershel and Carl are staying out in the woods at a good distance for their safety. The rest of us, we're gonna fight Woodbury. Rick thinks we can beat this. With everything we've set up, the layout, the plans, everything, Rick thinks we've got a pretty good chance at taking them out.

Beth and I stood at the trunk of the mint green car. We took everybody's bags and threw them inside.

"Think we'll win this?" Beth asks me as we pushed the bags further into the car. I let out a sigh and paused to look at her.

"Yeah, I think we can." I tell her. She shows me a smile and I tapped onto her elbow, walking away. I grab one of the jerry cans and opened the gas tank of the car, pouring the bit of gas we've got left. I quickly headed back inside and grabbed anything else that needed to be taken out.

I return outside and placed the crate full of food into the trunk of the next car. I look around and noticed everybody was outside, beginning to get into the vehicles. All except for Rick. I headed back inside and find him in the cellblocks, up on the catwalk. His attention turns to me and he slowly steps down the stairs.

"We're ready." I inform him. He nods his head and meets me down the stairs. "The deal the Governor offered about me-" I speak up. "You had to think about it. You had to. I get it." Rick kept eye contact with me limited. He nods his head.

"Yeah." He utters. "I'm sorry. I came real close."

"But you didn't." I softly smile. I let out a sigh, my grip tightening around my bow. "I never thanked you." I say.

"For what?" He asks, shutting the cellblock door closed.

"For getting me out there that day, taking me in." I say. We stop in our tracks and he holds a stare with me.

"Well, if you didn't have that baby formula, I wouldn't have." He says. I tilt my head to the side, cocking an eyebrow.

"You could've just taken the formula." I say. He nods.

"Well..." He exhales. "must've been somethin else, then." He says. "You know, it was Carl who made the call. He said you belonged here. You're one of us." I look down, smiling a little at his words. I pull away and headed off for the stairs. "Reece, have you spoken to Daryl?" He asks me. I turn to him, pulling my eyebrows together. I chewed on my bottom lip.

"Not since he went after Merle." I say. "Why?" I ask. Rick holds a stare with me before he shakes his head.

"Nothin." He says. I look down and shrug my shoulders at his response. Must've not been important then. I turn on my heels and walk outside.