Ch. 5

The Lost Dixon

The Lost Dixon

Chapter 5: The Group of Atlanta

Reece's Point of View:
I made a fire for the night. I made sure to build myself a little shelter made from large branches and big leaves I could find. I hunted along the way and I finally found a spot to relax for the night. The fire before me crackled and popped. I rubbed my cold hands together, holding them in front of the fire to keep warmth. I made dinner, which was squirrel. I then grew tired, kept the fire burning overnight by adding more wood. Eventually, I laid myself down and fell asleep.

The next morning, I put out the remaining fire. I packed my things and moved on. I wasn't exactly sure what my next move was. Without Andrea, I would've assumed we'd have a destination in mind; looking for a better place or maybe even try to pick up on her people again. Now that I think about it, finding her people would be pretty damn hard at this point. We could be miles away from them or something. We've got no tracks, no lead, nothing in order to find her people. That's out of the question. I guess, the only move I have left is to simply survive. Easier said than done. I mean, I've made it this far all on my own- before I met Andrea. I don't know what it is, but without Andrea here, it's like I'm lost. It's like I don't really know what to do next. Before I met Andrea, I've always had a plan. Always had a motive or something. With Andrea, it was good to have another voice to bounce ideas and destinations off of. But now, that I'm on my own, it's like I have no idea what to do, what I should do, how to even survive. I hate this feeling.

With Andrea, it was fine. She was basically a little company for me. I wasn't so lonely like I was before. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't hate her for making a choice. Just disappointed. The second she laid eyes on the Governor, I knew she'd fell for him. We didn't exactly plan on meeting our soulmate or whatever. But I guess in a shitty world like this, even finding a future wife or husband is possible.

When I thought I'd be left alone, I wasn't expecting any company except for the dead. It was a shock to me when the sudden sound of twigs breaking behind me caught my attention. I turn around and see four people trailing behind me, but it doesn't seem like they realized how close they were to me. As they grew closer, I realized it was Merle with three other people. I frown at this. Why was he following me? Was he following me? Is he hunting me down? What's the point of this? Whatever the reason is, I don't exactly plan on sticking around to find out. I ran ahead, creating distance from us. I figured maybe it was a total accident Merle was behind me. Maybe he took a few guys out to scavenge. Then again, why would they be so close to me? Why follow in my direction just to scavenge? Did they even realize they would've stumbled upon me?

It was confirmed they were following me when they eventually caught up. I continued to run ahead of them, trying to think of a way to get rid of them.

I managed to run into a couple of walkers. I easily put them down. I then had an idea. Creating some sort of message would help. I grab one walker and cut off the arms and legs, creating the word GO. And with the remaining body, I cut off the head and turned the body over. BACK. I climbed up the nearest tree and waited them out. If I have to fight them and kill them to get my message, maybe it's something I have to do. Now, I've never exactly killed anybody before. Before, I wasn't really interested in doing so. Never had a reason. Didn't wanna go to prison. But, since those days are over, I can basically get away with it. It's for my protection anyways.