Ch. 90

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 90- 49 Hours

Reece's Point of View:

49 hours. It has been 49 hours since wave after wave after wave after wave of walkers flooded Alexandria's gates. We've all been working together to take every single walker down. We'd work from day til night, night til dawn, dawn til day, and back to day to night. We're all exhausted, we're all tired, we're all hungry and thirsty. 

The last wave, we were able to catch a break. I wondered off to Daryl's home and crashed down into his bed. I laid myself down and immediately began to doze off. Before I was able to fall asleep, my walkie fills with static, waking me up from my slumber.

"Reece, you copy?" It's Scott. I let out a groan and pulled myself up. I grab the walkie and pressed the button.

"Go ahead." I answer, holding back the threatening yawn.

"We've sighted another wave coming through. We've got about an hour from the north, two from the south. We're gonna need some help." 

"I'll be there." I answer. I pull myself up and walk towards the door. I hear soft whimpers and turn to Dog. I show him a small smile and fall to my knees. "Don't worry, buddy. He's coming back." I say, petting the sides of his face.

I walk down the road and made my way to the others. I can see Daryl and Michonne standing next to each other. As I approached behind them, Daryl glances over his shoulder and throws his arm out for me to stop. I immediately stop in my tracks and shift my eyes further down. I could see a lone Whisperer coming towards us. The Whisperer stops at our barricade and holds a stare with us.

"The north border. Now." She demands.

"Call off your walkers." Michonne demands.

"Not us." The Whisperer claims.

"Yeah, right." Daryl calls.

"Not...us." She insists. "Go to the border, lay down your weapons, and wait."

"Wait for what?" I question, pulling myself next to Daryl.

"Her." The Whisperer turns away and walks off. Daryl, Michonne and I make contact and we knew we needed to call a meeting with everyone. We pass the word around and gathered inside the council building. Group by group, people filled inside and began talking over each other. We knew most of them were angry with what's been going on. Everyone had an opinion to share.

"Alright." Michonne hushes everyone. Everyone falls silent and turns their attention to Michonne and the council members. "Is this your mother?" She asks Lydia.

"No." Lydia shakes her head. "I don't think it is."

"Why's she want to talk with us?" Daryl asks.

"You crossed into her land." Lydia says. "Again. You have to answer for that."

"We don't have to do anything." Aaron argues. "We could just not go."

"That's a bad idea." Lydia claims.

"We're already under attack." Dante says. 

"Yeah." Everyone agrees. 

"It isn't her." Lydia argues. "If she wanted you dead, she'd send the horde. All of it, not just a few waves at a time."

"Maybe she's trying to wear us down first." I claim.

"Or, as I relayed to you at the beginning, there's reason to believe the satellite and fire-" Eugene goes, before a woman interrupts him.